State of Decay 2

Soldato
Quite enjoyed the first for at least one play through. Second one, just finding my feet, doing a mission with a fellow community member. We arrive together in a car. For some reason as soon as we arrive she leaves the group and disappears. I continue, gather everything up. As I'm going notice she's milling around just outside the building fighting the odd zombie. I save her, she won't get in the car and runs off. I then find her in the road a few hundred feet away getting mullered. I save her from the brink of death. Again she won't get in the car, runs away and gets killed. :mad

Good game though for the cost. Especially if you've never played anything like it.

Associate
Does this work in (at least somewhat) real time like the first one? Like if I don;t log in for 3 days my base could have used all resources, gone crazy and scattered etc? I admit that caught me totally off guard in the first game as I just wasn't aware of it being a feature of the game, needed a restart or two! But once I got going I enjoyed it.

Soldato
Does this work in (at least somewhat) real time like the first one? Like if I don;t log in for 3 days my base could have used all resources, gone crazy and scattered etc? I admit that caught me totally off guard in the first game as I just wasn't aware of it being a feature of the game, needed a restart or two! But once I got going I enjoyed it.
Yes. That same mechanic seems to be in from the videos I've seen. Despite loving the first one to death, it was extremely rough round the edges and that mechanic drove me round the bend. I ended up downloading a mod off Nexus to stop it happening.

Soldato
Constant disconnections between me and a friend, somebody i never usually have issues connecting with. Lucky to go 5 minutes, games trash.

Associate
I'm really loving this game. The developers released a 20gb patch the other day fixed tons of issues they are listening to the community. I started over a new game and this time round things are a lot harder. I'm kind of struggling to earn influence fast enough that's the only thing I need. I just need some power and then I will be able to build a hydroponics. I will also be able to upgrade my command centre allowing for another outpost :).

Associate
From 'what I read on the interwebs' aka reddit, the 20GB patch isn't a patch. It's the game again with the patch applied. Which is awesome for those of us on awful internet.

Take with a pinch of salt though, but considering the game itself wasn't 20GB i can believe it.

Associate
Linky! But as I said, take with a pinch of salt. Again judging by the size it's like downloading the game again. Or they've taken up TF2 style of patches and added 10 2GB hats to the game :D

Soldato
What version is this with the new patch ? (mine is 1.3160.14.2)

On 02/06 mine updated but I dont recall it downloaded 20gb or so I think it was only 4/5gb.

Update : Its trying to download something, gets to 26.15mb then re-calculates download and says "Downloading...." but does nothing. I hate Windows Store.

Another update : had to uninstall and re-install to get it to download, all 24gb again and its now at version 1.3170.63.2 I'm never buying another Windows Store only (so far) title.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes. That same mechanic seems to be in from the videos I've seen. Despite loving the first one to death, it was extremely rough round the edges and that mechanic drove me round the bend. I ended up downloading a mod off Nexus to stop it happening.

Thoughts on the game so far mate?

Associate
I wouldn't mind playing this again, except the windows store doesn't seem to want to let me. I've tried to update twice - my internet isn't fast, I get ~370kBps - and the first time I got to about 11GBs done before the store decided to restart and this morning I got to 23GBs done out of something - it didn't want to tell me how big the total download was - and it decided to forget where it was and start again this time with an 18GB download. I mean on the plus side it didn't start from zero, it started from 100MBs instead :mad:

In all honesty, if I could refund it, I would.

Soldato
That quote was with reference to the first game :p as the sequel has very similar/same mechanics. I won't be getting Decay 2 until it drops in price and hits Steam tbh.

Yeah I'll hold off and get it on steam I think.. Windows store gives me the heebiegeebies

Associate
I've asked for a refund which has been accepted, just got to wait for it to go through. After it restarted on 18GBs it broke again, so I uninstalled it, and set it to reinstall. It broke again, the Windows store was using my download, but the store didn't even have the game in the download list. Then if I went to the store page for it and chose to install it again, it'd find the 11.68GBs it had downloaded and not do anything all the while still downloading and then it would crap out and vanish from the download list while still downloading. Even if I left it downloading for a while to see if the number increased, it didn't. I had no idea what it was actually doing, heck if I knew it was still downloading the game and progressing towards the end goal it wouldn't be bad, for all I knew it could have been downloading from scratch again and not saying anything.

I've never had these issues with other store downloads, maybe because they're smaller so less chance for it to **** up, regardless for this to happen on a platform made by one of the main names in IT is ridiculous. Heck, all the times I've used Nexus Mod Manager it has never lost its ****. If it comes out on Steam and it's improved it terms of co-op multiplayer stability, then I'll probably rebuy it, until then I'll avoid it.

Permabanned
Don't waste your money.

This game's been a big disappointment, it's possible my in-game resolution of 3440x1440 could be part of the issue but even so It's disgraceful how these issues are still here so long after release. I pre-ordered this as I really enjoyed the original & I was hoping for more of the same. On release I started playing but there was several issues which made me stop playing & wait for the inevitable patches, So here I am 6 months later, I came back to it today and the first thing I find is the the in-game pointer bug's still there, as is my inability to to walk up & on to the kerb, An issue many of us will remember from the original State of Decay so I'd like to say Kudos to the Dev that managed to port that bug to a new game on a new game engine, pulling that off must have been extremely hard but hey I get it, nostalgia and all that. Soon after I was foraging through the storage box at home when I decided to drop most of my kit off and switch to a different character so the one I was in could rest, As I came out of the menu a fella was stood at the top of the stairs having a moan about being ignored so I went over to him and switched to him just to find that he's actually stuck in the wall and no matter what I try he's going nowhere so now I'm in the wall at the top of the stairs unable to move. WTH?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom