State of Decay 2

Soldato
Tempted by this, but there does seem to be a fair few people unhappy with the bugs. I'll probably wait for a little while.

One question though: is the inventory a bit bigger this time around? That used to really annoy me in the first.

Soldato
How do I increase Stockpiles? My food and med is very low but I've no idea where to get resources or what to do with them after.

You need to scavenge for them around the map, they're in the red backpacks that you find from time to time, then bring them back to your base. Think there are 5 "units" per backpack. Best place for food are diners, farms etc. For meds clinics, vets, ambulances. When you enter a building it usually shows an icon(s) of what resources you might find there. You can set up outposts in these buildings and they will supply you with 1 or 2 units a day, it will tell you when you're setting it up.
Your community will be using certain amount of food per day (maybe 1 per person?). You'll need meds to heal, construction material to upgrade/ build facilities, fuel for generators. And you can perform certain task in your facilities that will consume resources.

Tempted by this, but there does seem to be a fair few people unhappy with the bugs. I'll probably wait for a little while.

One question though: is the inventory a bit bigger this time around? That used to really annoy me in the first.

Largest backpack I found so far has 8 slots. Equipped weapons have their own slots so they don't take up space in backpack (think they did in 1st one), then you have 2 pocket slots for consumables which can be upgraded to 3 with certain skill. Not sure if there's a similar skill for back pack management that would add another slot, not seen that yet.

Associate
Really enjoying this so far! It's a huge improvement over the original. I especially like that weapons are now visible on your character when holstered, and cars have a finite amount of fuel. The blood plague adds a dynamic also, and forces you to make some difficult decisions. The animations and lighting effects are vastly improved, and the in-depth skill system is a treat.

I saw this video which compares the two games visually:

Largest backpack I found so far has 8 slots. Equipped weapons have their own slots so they don't take up space in backpack (think they did in 1st one), then you have 2 pocket slots for consumables which can be upgraded to 3 with certain skill. Not sure if there's a similar skill for back pack management that would add another slot, not seen that yet.

You can improve the carrying capacity of a character once you reach a certain cardio level. I had two choices, either improve the character's ability to vault over objects and perform a jumping attack, or increase inventory space.

Soldato
I'm tempted to buy it, but I'm a little put off by some of the reviews. Am I mistaken, or is there a method by which you can trial a game on the Microsoft store? Free 10 day xbox live pass that works with pc games as well, or some-such.....? Disclaimer: I might have imagined this.

Associate
I'm tempted to buy it, but I'm a little put off by some of the reviews. Am I mistaken, or is there a method by which you can trial a game on the Microsoft store? Free 10 day xbox live pass that works with pc games as well, or some-such.....? Disclaimer: I might have imagined this.

You can claim your 14 day trial here:

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass

It covers "Xbox Play Anywhere" titles which are playable on PC.

Associate
Pointless, once you have the trial it doesn't have an option anywhere to play any of the games, only buy. Typical Microcock.

This might be relevant:

If you have "Xbox Game Pass", you can play any of the titles in the "Play Anywhere" category with your PC. You do NOT need a Xbox for these games, and you do NOT need to own a Xbox to subscribe to Xbox Game Pass

Taken from Xbox Game Pass FAQ (https://support.xbox.com/en-US/bill...ame-pass-faq#4c21735a9eca4ec39a5a0ab38ad9e542)

"Can I use Xbox Game Pass on my Windows 10 PC?
Xbox Game Pass currently features a select number of Xbox Play Anywhere games that is continually increasing. The latest list of Xbox Play Anywhere titles can be viewed at xbox.com/gamepass"

Soldato

Lmao, Maccy goes ape. Just watching the video and there's assets ripped right out if the first game ie when you fail to search a storage cabinet in a random house, you get that fail sound fx, and a screen shake. It even looks all too similar.

Soldato
WAB review has put me off for the moment as it seems to contain all the annoyances from the first game which eventually stopped me from completing it. I know Mac does go a bit OTT so I'll get round to it eventually.

Associate
For what its worth, Mack ( WAB ) is probably as close to 100% accurate as can be, does give me a good chuckle, what I do find weird is the game looks better on my Xbox One X, than the PC, like, lots better ......

Associate
Only thing that irks me about this game, is that the nights *seem* longer than the day, it probably isn't but I feel I spend more time looting in the dark than actually seeing and enjoying the game world.

If a mod comes out to make make lighter nights then I know I'll be installing it. Gamma doesn't really affect it and the flash light is rubbish.

Back
Top Bottom