State of Decay 2

Associate
I'm having all sorts of issues here. My achievements are not unlocking at all and I have been playing well over 35 hours into the game now I'm frustrated. At this point unless I can figure out how to fix all the issue I am going to Microsoft and asking for a refund based on the fact the game isn't working much at all. Factor in all the bugs and glitches which respectfully are pretty hilarious but still unacceptable.

Associate
Installed it from the Windows store. When I launch the App I just get a State of Decay 2 logo for a minute or so and then the program just closes. :confused:

Associate
Installed it from the Windows store. When I launch the App I just get a State of Decay 2 logo for a minute or so and then the program just closes. :confused:
Join the club that and a host of other issues. I got a crash yesterday and many other weird issues getting stuck on things and such. I have absolutely no solution to my issues yet and I'm probably going to go message Microsoft right now about it I'm pretty frustrated at this point.

Associate
Join the club that and a host of other issues. I got a crash yesterday and many other weird issues getting stuck on things and such. I have absolutely no solution to my issues yet and I'm probably going to go message Microsoft right now about it I'm pretty frustrated at this point.

The devs are chatting at the moment on Discord and seem to be aware of the issues.

https://discord.gg/YXMvKkk

Associate
For me the Xbox app refused to sign in. The only way to fix it - other than an OS reinstall - was to create a new account on my PC and then sign in. I'm not sure what happens if you try and play it offline, but for me I just got a continual popup asking me to login so I couldn't even play the game in single player.

Oh, and if there's a way to join a friends game other than alt-tabbing to the Xbox app I've not seen it - ignoring being invited. And the game seems to break for me if I join while the host is in a car.

Overall, I like the game though and it is fun in multiplayer.

Soldato
I must be really lucky as I barely had any problems and none of them were game breaking. Had the mouse pointer remain on the screen after exiting a menu but I don't remember it happening since the first day. Twice I had the door bug when a door was opened but I still had to click to open it to walk through. And last one was a cool one when my car flipped and landed back on its wheels as I was reversing out and hit a kerb, though I totally meant it. :)

My only real annoyance with the game are the constant side missions from other communities. I know I can just ignore them but I feel bad when I do. I still can't decide whether I like that they left layouts of some buildings exactly the same as in the first game, feels lazy but at the same time it just makes life easier as I know where to go.

For anyone that can't decide if to buy it I read in one of the reviews (can't remember which one) that you can get 2 weeks free trial of Xbox game pass and play it on there. Though not sure if that works on PC or only on consoles.

Soldato
Was interested to hear about this but Windows Store only is a no-go. Shame, though I've got a billion other games I've already purchased that I should be playing anyhow.

It'll appear on Steam at some point. Possibly going to be a few months I would have thought. Will give them time to hopefully iron out some of the bugs.

Permabanned

That often happens here as well, It's being treated as an app so you can easily knock a key during gameplay as I did with the win button earlier and then I had Windows opening windows all over the place blocking me from controlling the game. Okay slight exaggeration it was one window that then needed a second opened to remove the first. Then there's other random issues like I was suddenly unable to open the car door to hit zombies while driving past them, I even got out of the car and then back in to try and fix it but no joy, a couple of minutes later it was working again, then there's the issues with ultrawide where it's sometimes a battle just to get in the right place to close a gate or door.
When you have a zombie hanging on to the side of your car you use a wall or building to knock him off, I had 2 on one side and the front door zombie was knocked off by using a building corner but not the one on the rear door, I even drove backwards and forwards against the building several times and he was still hanging on damaging the car, seemingly immune to my attempts to squish him.

These are just a few of the things that have being going wrong for me, leaving me with the impression that the original was a much better game or at least a lot more enjoyable in it's YOSE package,

I'd of been better off waiting until all the patching is done & then buying it on Steam as the Windows store isn't a good platform. It's the opposite.

Associate

I've also had this issue, got it working by uninstalling it and installing it on a different drive. Strangely it got stuck on 89% for a while before completing. Hope this helps.

Associate
Downloaded to play co-op with some mates and tbh it isn't a true co-op. You have to be invited to their community and everything you do except from items collected goes towards their community. Very disappointing that you cannot start a co-op community :(. Luckily downloaded with game pass.

Associate
I've also had this issue, got it working by uninstalling it and installing it on a different drive. Strangely it got stuck on 89% for a while before completing. Hope this helps.

I'm just trying that.

Funny I went on the store to re-install it and said that I'd left a 4 star review. I definitely didn't review it, very odd....

Back
Top Bottom