Steam sale now .... Off

Soldato
I posted a thread about it before. Yes paypal was saved on the website under "stored payment methods" I had 2fa on my paypal acc so all payments had to be authorised through my paypal app on my phone. I also had whatsapp installed on my pc which they somehow managed to get paypal to use as authorisation, so it would send the auth code directly through whatsapp.

Cdkeys has never asked me for authorisation codes, they should probably make them time out because if I had entered one it would have been a long time ago.
I now no longer save my payment details on websites.
I don't use whatsapp on my pc anymore.
Just checked and you are only asked for auth codes on new devices. (logged in on my mobile)

Caporegime
Pretty sure several items in my Steam wishlist are having an all-time low this sale. Don't think I've ever seen Thronebreaker: Witcher's Tale at £4 odd. gg.deals will of course tell me if this is the lowest price, so I'm off to do some bargain hunting. Only 300+ games in the wishlist to go through. :o

Last edited:
Man of Honour
The steam sale thread in 2023 compared to yesteryears sales....

tumbleweed-desert.gif

:D

Soldato
meh, so never played xcom 2, wasnt overly impressed by the first, but heard the second was signifcantly better, fine.

Check out Steam sale, collection pack or whatever, 90% off down to £11 something, save £70.

Check the same thing on CD keys is a fiver.........

EDIT: £4.66 with all the DLC after whatever CD keys cashback currency thing was added.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TNA
Soldato
CDKeys I would never ever trust, I have it switched off on the price checker website. I prefer to deal direct with Steam as I'm a sucker for the Steam Points shop, buying all kinds of backgrounds and profile upgrades.

Of all the grey market/non-official sites, CDKeys is the only one I DO trust, and have bought quite a few keys from them with no problems (when they've been substantially cheaper). GMG/Humble etc. tend to be competitive enough these days though, and for the sake of a couple of £ I'd rather spend it somewhere I know is 100% legit.

CDKeys is fine and trusted...

All the verified sites go through https://www.allkeyshop.com/blog/en-gb/ <- Lots of CDKEY's to choose from

I'm seeing Kinguin and G2A on there, so can't say I hold much faith in their "verification"

Anyone picked up anything?

I bit at Lords of the fallen for £32

Will probably grab Shadow of The Tomb Raider for £8 (already got it free on Epic, but doesn't seem to work with controllers?), and maybe AC Valhalla for £12

Last edited:
Soldato
Beam.NG, Cassette Beasts, Automobilista 2 + DLC, Vampire Survivors last DLC and Sunless Skies Sovereign edition.
There's more I want to buy, but... This will do.
I see a lot of people saying this sale seems boring, but there are so many discounts on great games. I rarely look at anything AAA, so I guess I don't feel the boredom.

Back
Top Bottom