Steam sale now .... Off

CDKeys I would never ever trust, I have it switched off on the price checker website. I prefer to deal direct with Steam as I'm a sucker for the Steam Points shop, buying all kinds of backgrounds and profile upgrades.
Never trust why? I've bought 45 games from them over a 10 year period, not to mention a number of other things like Xbox gold subscriptions (back in the day)

Never had an issue other than occasionally having to wait a few hours after a game is released to redeem the key.

Last edited:
I know the general experience with CDKeys nowadays is fine but it started off a bit ropey and gg.deals warns you they are not an official reseller with keys sourced from the publisher. So I consider them a no-no.

Why don't you trust CD keys?

There's a couple of reasons that pop up right away - as I mentioned above, they're not an official reseller, keys are sourced from who knows where. Which could mean games get taken off you at some point. I think I did buy something like an Xbox gold card from there way back when and I was concerned when it took half an hour for the transaction to complete. It gave me an impression there was some geezer in his bedroom, scratching off an Xbox Live gold card that someone had given him for Christmas and then he took a photocopy of it and posted it to my email. First impressions and all that... I've never been back since.

There's a couple of reasons that pop up right away - as I mentioned above, they're not an official reseller, keys are sourced from who knows where. Which could mean games get taken off you at some point. I think I did buy something like an Xbox gold card from there way back when and I was concerned when it took half an hour for the transaction to complete. It gave me an impression there was some geezer in his bedroom, scratching off an Xbox Live gold card that someone had given him for Christmas and then he took a photocopy of it and posted it to my email. First impressions and all that... I've never been back since.

This has happened before. I think it was with Farcry 4. Ubisoft were removing those games from peoples accounts (Including mine) that were bought through G2A, but received backlash from their customers so reversed their decision. That was the only time I've ever had any issues. I remember receiving a refund from G2A at the time after I had shown proof that the game was no longer in my account, then about a week later, it had returned. :p

Got hacked, told to go through paypal/bank to get a refund. I've never played PUBG in my life, still have the crap sitting on my account. They need two factor auth.
wtf.png

Last edited:
CDKeys I would never ever trust, I have it switched off on the price checker website. I prefer to deal direct with Steam as I'm a sucker for the Steam Points shop, buying all kinds of backgrounds and profile upgrades.
Tbh, I've never had a problem with Cdkeys, bought over 60 games from them over the years

I have been using CDKeys for years.

I have never had any issues with them.
They are my go-to for new AAA titles both on release or pre-order. The games I have pre-ordered have always arrived on time.
Saying, that I buy most indie games on Steam.

However, as you say, if you do not trust them then that is fine. They are more like a grey market and not a key exchange like G2A etc.

Got hacked, told to go through paypal/bank to get a refund. I've never played PUBG in my life, still have the crap sitting on my account. They need two factor auth.
wtf.png

Your CDKeys account got hacked for £400 of PUBG credits?

Gez!

This has happened before. I think it was with Farcry 4. Ubisoft were removing those games from peoples accounts (Including mine) that were bought through G2A, but received backlash from their customers so reversed their decision. That was the only time I've ever had any issues. I remember receiving a refund from G2A at the time after I had shown proof that the game was no longer in my account, then about a week later, it had returned. :p
G2A and Kinguin are a bit different in that they're basically eBay for game keys. The Ubisoft stuff IIRC was because people were using stolen credit cards to buy lots of games and resell them. Ubi would then remove the games from peoples accounts. There was an indie dev how straight up said if you're going to buy from G2A or Kinguin then just pirate the game as buying from them can make them lose money which if you're a small indie team is a rather big hit.

For CDkeys, certain games are, IMHO, a no go from them. Guild Wars 2 is an example as they're pretty strict when it comes to where you're allowed to buy the game, now assuming the key isn't one bought with a dodgy card since it's not a marketplace, I don't know how ANet know that you've not bought from an authorised reseller. IIRC people have had their accounts banned - not just the code invalidated - after buying from CDKeys. But this isn't specifically a CDKeys issues with Guild Wars 2, it could happen to any purchase not on their reseller list - which as of now is pretty much non-existant. It's also worth noting they don't ban everyone, but they have banned some people.

Every other game I have no issue, and have had no issues, buying from them.

Yep, I got it refunded through paypal in the end. cd keys didn't give a crap.

Ouch. I’ve probably bought about 50 titles from CDKeys over the past few years, plus PSN vouchers, but thankfully no fraudulent transactions so far.

I always use PP too.

Most of my steam library is probably through cdkeys tbh, racked up quite abit of points over the 10 or so years with them though the points aren't worth anything near what they were when they first started out.

You saved your payment info on their site or what?

With things like Googlewallet etc there is very little reason to do that IMO, which is why I think you're questioning it.

Also I just logged in to CDKEYS and it asked for a verification code due to new device which makes that even weirder.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom