Steam sale

Soldato
So, Assassin's Creed games...

I have Brotherhood, but never played it. Played II for quite a few hours but lost my progress when I upgraded my system and have never bothered going back to it. Was quite enjoying it though.

I hear positive things about Black Flag, but are III and/or Revelations worth it to to add to the ones I have?

It's hard to say really as they all link together. If you want to redo AC2 then I'd do that first and then move on. If you don't want to do it then I would look up a "recap" somewhere for just the AC2 game so you familiarise yourself with the story again and see how it ended. After that I would definitely do Brotherhood and then Revelations to wrap up Ezio's story.

AC3 was pretty good and is worth doing but it had some major bugs on the PC version and I don't know if they were ever fixed. If they were fixed then I would say it's worth a buy and it'll also round off Desmond's story. Black Flag was excellent, but again, it had performance issues. If you're just not bothered at all with Ezio's and/or Desmonds story then you can just move straight into Black Flag as it has very little to do with them.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's hard to say really as they all link together. If you want to redo AC2 then I'd do that first and then move on. If you don't want to do it then I would look up a "recap" somewhere for just the AC2 game so you familiarise yourself with the story again and see how it ended. After that I would definitely do Brotherhood and then Revelations to wrap up Ezio's story.

AC3 was pretty good and is worth doing but it had some major bugs on the PC version and I don't know if they were ever fixed. If they were fixed then I would say it's worth a buy and it'll also round off Desmond's story. Black Flag was excellent, but again, it had performance issues. If you're just not bothered at all with Ezio's and/or Desmonds story then you can just move straight into Black Flag as it has very little to do with them.

Thanks.

I hadn't really thought in terms of keeping the tread of the stories as I didn't know which stories continued over which game(s), so it's good to know where and when they wrap up.

So it seems that as I've got Brotherhood, it would make sense to get Revelations to wrap up one story, and I'm quite tempted to get III and/or Black Flag as well.

Looks like this sale could start getting quite expensive after all...

Soldato
Lots of Age of Empires on -85% today. Which is the one to get?

AoE II £2.24
AoE II + expansion £2.84
AoE II + expansion, and AoE III Complete £4.49

Is 3 good?

Fallout New Vegas at £2.49 (75% off) seems like the right time too? F3 GOTY is only 66% off at £5.09..

AoE II is a better strategic game, although I must admit I do prefer AoE III. If you ask the majority of RTS fans they will say that III is not a patch on II.

£4.49 for the whole lot is really good buy in my opinion if you like medieval RTS games.

Soldato
There should be some kind of law that governs against including screenshots that have literally nothing to do with the gameplay. Its so tedious lokoing through screenshots of clearly CG Quicktime events then having to go to youtube to see what the game actually looks and plays like.

Soldato
So, is that it then? Tomorrow will just be another bunch of already listed sale games?

No I think that's it, whatever you see there is the last of what we'll get.

I'm a little disappoint some games from my wishlist never showed up at all. Darkwood hasn't had anything off, it's still £11.99 and it's been on my wishlist for a year. Frozen State, Black Mesa, Besiege and Highlands from my list never got dailies/flash deals either :/

Associate
Was waiting for Dark Souls to drop to £5 as I remember seeing it on sale before for that price. It's £6.70 at the moment. Not sure why I'm being fussy over an extra £1.70 from what I was prepared to pay?

Caporegime
I know I've said it before, but this sale has been awful.

They bumped up the "pre-sale" prices something rotten this time, so they could pretend to have "75% off" or more, and yet still charge a small fortune. They even did this for older games. The discounts were just feeble this time around.

To prove how awful this sale has been, I have the level 1 badge for all the previous sales. This time I didn't bother. Only bought 1 game (Valkryia Chronicles), and could not be arsed to play the stupid Monster Hunter crap.

Bad show, Steam.

Soldato
Was waiting for Dark Souls to drop to £5 as I remember seeing it on sale before for that price. It's £6.70 at the moment. Not sure why I'm being fussy over an extra £1.70 from what I was prepared to pay?

It's been £3.99 before on Steam, so I'd be a little picky. You could wait to see if it shows up on offer anywhere else but you could be waiting a while. Alternative is you could buy it on Kinguin for £5.40 (I think there's another 30p surcharge after that, so more like £5.70, not much but it says you a little).

I know I've said it before, but this sale has been awful.

Yeah there's been some really bad tactics, like increasing base game costs, or Rockstar doing that currency rubbish with GTA V, or Steam putting games on daily and not changing the price. But as for deals I think there's still been a nice range of things to buy for a good price.

Back
Top Bottom