Steam Summer Sale 2018

Soldato
haha, I've just started playing it again (my last save was 12 months ago) and have got right back into it. Really enjoying it!

Not quite a full on shooter, but Alien: Isolation is very very good. Just under £8.

Associate
Not quite a full on shooter, but Alien: Isolation is very very good. Just under £8.

Not really a shooter at all, your weapons are used mainly to buy you time. I'd definitely recommend it as it's a great game, I just wouldn't recommend it to someone who asked for a game with lots of shooting/killing things!

As mentioned DOOM is pretty great, but you already have it. I'm playing Prey ATM which can be sneaky sneaky or once you get in a bit you can play it shooty. It's apparently the spiritual System Shock 3 if that gives you an idea.
Vermintide 2 is a good online one although that's part shooting, part melee killing. High bodycount and satisfying weapons

Soldato
OP
Last day of the sale today.

I refunded a couple that I didn't get on with so have a little money to speand.

Not sure which to get though?

Slay the Spire https://store.steampowered.com/app/646570/Slay_the_Spire/ (I literally got no games like this)
Darkest Dungeon https://store.steampowered.com/app/262060/Darkest_Dungeon/ This looks great but very hard apparently. It seems like it would be a good buy but I can just see myself raging so not sure...
Darkwood https://store.steampowered.com/app/274520/Darkwood/ Game looks very good.
EVERSPACE https://store.steampowered.com/app/396750/EVERSPACE/ I nearly grabbed this a couple of times but was put off by the mention of FTL as wanted a proper campain (I ended up getting Freespace 2 with mods!). Still does look good though just as an arcade shooter.

What I bought.

Claptastic Voyage & Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2 £2.63
miniLAW £2.79 (refuned)
Spintires: MudRunner
&
Ballistic Tanks £3.28
Subnautica £12.47
Freespace 2 £3.49
Super Blood HockeyS £2.79
Quantum Break £7.49
Cryptark
&
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
&
Tales from the Borderlands £8.71
Pulp Fiction £2.87
The Fidelio Incident
&
Celeste
&
Monolith (Monolith refunded) £15.47

£59.47 total.

Soldato
Only had my Vive for about a month. And got these in the sale.....

Adr1ft
Apollo 11 VR
Arizona Sunshine and DLC
Blocks
Caliban Below
Castaway VR
Cosmic Awakening VR
Dead Effect 2 VR
Skyrim VR. Yes I got it in the end :)
Far Space VR
Form VR
The Gallery - Episode 1: Call of the Starseed
Gunjack
InCell VR
Orcz Evolve
Reboant - Endless Dawn
Reficul
Rise of Insanity
Robinson: The Journey
The Solus Project VR
Star Shelter VR
Star Trek: Bridge Crew
Survival VR
Thirst VR
Townsmen VR
VRZ Torment VR
War Robots VR: The Skirmish

I think that will last me over winter.
I already had the Forest. I don't like online games, so if you know of any good VR game that's not in the list. Please say :)

Caporegime
I got 5 things

Train Valley £1.39
Train Valley - Germany DLC £1.49
Grand Theft Auto V £13.19
Dying Light Enhanced Edition £13.19
Train Valley 2 £7.19

The two Train Valley games have been worth every penny and more. Can't start the AAA two until I've finished Witcher 3 to completion.

Caporegime
I bought an indie title which I got refunded, wasn't quite my thing. In the end, all I bought was Call of Pripyat. At least now I don't have to resort to using the retail version on the odd occasion.

Associate
Bought: -

Assasins Creed Origins, which seems pretty damn good. I'm sure I will enjoy.
Just Cause 3 XL, which I just didn't get on with. Felt slow and clumsy. Refunded.
Bit Blaster XL, which has to be the best value 39 pence I've ever spent :D
Tyranny, which I'm also loving from the first couple of hours. Nice evil vs more evil theme.
Train Valley, which I felt was just dull and also refunded after about 12 minutes of game time.

Roll on 115 days to the next sale.

Soldato
EVERSPACE https://store.steampowered.com/app/396750/EVERSPACE/ I nearly grabbed this a couple of times but was put off by the mention of FTL as wanted a proper campain (I ended up getting Freespace 2 with mods!). Still does look good though just as an arcade shooter.

I bought this, and really love it. Not completed s run yet as I’m dragging it out by taking on crazy odds for big rewards; I die a lot.

I loved FTL, but the lack of any story or change in dynamics ultimately left me bored.

Everspace has a story, I wouldn’t call it a campaign but it’s very interesting. You launch your ship, and can’t remember anything. The story is revealed through flashbacks as you progress. Your AI assistant also talks about the things you discover, filling out the lore of the universe.

It’s not a full on story campaign, but I can highly recommend it. It’s great fun and I LOVE that dying means you get to progress, improve your ship or buy a new one. There are only 3 ships so far but I’m hoping more will unlock.

9/10 for me, love it. Going to look into the dlc as if it brings decent new content I’ll be all in.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I bought this, and really love it. Not completed s run yet as I’m dragging it out by taking on crazy odds for big rewards, and I die a lot.

I loved FTL, but the lack of any story or change in dynamics ultimately left me bored.

Everspace has a story, I wouldn’t call it a campaign but it’s very interesting. You launch your ship, and can’t remember anything. The story is revealed through flashbacks as you progress. Your AI assistant also talks about the things you discover, filling out the lore of the universe.

It’s not a full on story campaign, but I can highly recommend it. It’s hreat fun and I LOVE that dying means you get to progress, improve your ship or buy a new one. There are o oh 3 ships so far but I’m hoping more will unlock.

9/10 for me, love it. Going to look into the dlc as if it brings decent new content I’ll be all in.
Bah okay lol...

I will have to grab this :)

Soldato
Just a Steam Link.

Tried it last night...ran a cable from office to living room to test....tweaked some settings, works great.

Put the PC onto my 5g wifi to test. Works just as well. No running the cable behind the skirting boards for me today :) 60fps AC:Origins on the TV ftw

Soldato
Just a Steam Link.

Tried it last night...ran a cable from office to living room to test....tweaked some settings, works great.

Put the PC onto my 5g wifi to test. Works just as well. No running the cable behind the skirting boards for me today :) 60fps AC:Origins on the TV ftw

Genuinely surprised. WiFi performance for me and everyone I’ve talked to has been poor. Super chuffed it’s working for you, and there’s potential for other people to not have to run cable.

What’s input latency like? Was the biggest issue for me; I’m quite sensitive to it though.

Soldato
Genuinely surprised. WiFi performance for me and everyone I’ve talked to has been poor. Super chuffed it’s working for you, and there’s potential for other people to not have to run cable.

What’s input latency like? Was the biggest issue for me; I’m quite sensitive to it though.

I was surprised as anyone! AC:Origins is completely fine. Downloading some other stuff now to see how it is.

I'm using a decent Asus RT-AC66u router (Steam link wired into), then the host PC connected by an Asus USB-AC56 wireless adapter

TXXZNcd.jpg.png

Soldato
OP
I was surprised as anyone! AC:Origins is completely fine. Downloading some other stuff now to see how it is.

I'm using a decent Asus RT-AC66u router (Steam link wired into), then the host PC connected by an Asus USB-AC56 wireless adapter

Off topic however...

Could you plug a USB hard drive into that router and stream video to mobile devices on the internal network, and maybe even externally via VPN perhaps?

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom