1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Summer Sale 2020

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by GSXR Gaz Mc, Jun 25, 2020.

1. peterwalkley

Mobster

Metro Exodus for 15 quid. Been on my list a while and nicely timed for a new shooter as I was getting bored of The Division.

2. greatash

Hitman

Steam sales have been bad ever since they introduced refunds in 2014? You can get the games cheaper at any time of the year on sites like cdkeys or fanatical.

I think PS console sales are now better than steam sales.

3. Jase

Mobster

MotoGP20 is not very good IMO and I paid less than that on day of release from CDkeys, actually its cheaper on cdkeys now.

I loved the game but could not finish it as the version of Gamepass just kept crashing from the halfway point :( I'd buy it on Steam if I knew that version was more stable.

4. Nate75

Capodecina

Cool.

Yeh looks good and a mate recommended it.

Figure I will use Steam Link and play on the big telly... :)

5. ic1male

Caporegime

Have you not played Steamworld Dig 1?

6. bazzabear

Wise Guy

All the steamworld games are excellent. I've played them on switch rather than PC, but can't see it making much difference.

7. .Lethal

Soldato

I've been following it since release. There's a lot of issues with it atm. They have a patch to fix broken things next month and a content patch for end game at the end of the year, but we don't know whether it'll be any good or not. News is often empty promises and reminders about things are being worked on.

It has a lot of potential but with only 25% off and still no major patches yet I would wait for the Christmas sale and hopefully get it then with the big updates and a bigger discount.

8. Nate75

Capodecina

No.. fancied it but been recommended just to play the second.

9. ic1male

Caporegime

Shame, the second one is definitely better but the first is great, too.

10. SPG

Soldato

Thankyou , I will with Grimdawn then :)

11. Nate75

Capodecina

Not started the second yet so maybe I'll have a gander...

12. Jase

Mobster

I picked up Remnant from the Ashes which I've played for a few hours tonight and it's excellent.

I've not had a gaming PC for years so my first Steam Sale for as many years, although with likes of CDKeys the sale doesn't seem as good.

13. MichaelAwkward

Mobster

Well yeah, but not all at the same time. It's easy to miss one off sales on specific games and normally the Steam sale offers them at near enough the same discount, if not more.

14. Gimpymoo

Capodecina

Us Boomers remember the "Going out of business Steam sales"...

AAA games, not that old getting 90% discounts in a flash sale with indie games going for literally pennies.

What a time to be alive they were.

15. AndyCr15

Capodecina

Not really, it's £22.99 on CDKeys, if you account about £3 of the £5 off to MotoGP, then it's cheaper. Also, I'm loving it! Recommended by a friend as being a big step up on previous versions and I'm really enjoying it. I've not played a lot of bike games previously, I never thought they felt right, but the controls in this just seem to work for me. Maybe I didn't try hard enough before.

16. Jase

Mobster

Ok, it was £19.99 when I got it but I really didn't like it, maybe like you I haven't tried hard enough. I have seen quite a lot of patches for it since release though maybe they have improved things.

17. Relentless81

Capodecina

I don't even feel tempted to look, Xbox Game Pass has more than I need at the moment, might have a quick look tomorrow and will pickup Titanfall 2 if it's on offer

18. Kobi

Wise Guy

Thats a good point. I bought a Plague Tale and only just seen it was on game pass. Just waiting for a refund now.

19. The_Arbiter

Hitman

What's this anti cheat thing? I ask out of curiosity, but i only play single player. is it "always online only play" kind of deal?

Still, as much as loved the 2016 game, the new one doesn't appear to draw me in enough to warrant more than a £15 purchase for it. Though i wouldn't be surprised when i do get to play it i'll be thinking, "yeah i could of just bought that on release at £50 and been happy".

Do you know how PS compares to Xbox Live, when ignoring the Game Pass. I haven't touched my xbox in years, but the sales always seemed lackluster to me. If PSN is better than Steam, a PS5 may tempt me again.

I didn't get any notifications of the games on my wishlist, so foolishly thought there wasn't much on sale. I took a browse last night, and damn, i literally missed out on a small discount on Halo MCC with the 20% and the additional fiver off.

I want to stock up on some games as there's a good few now i see that are discounted nicely, but i just know i'll never get round to playing them and buy something else later on. Christmas isn't too far away (sorry for the blasphemy there), and we'll see another sale come then anyway.

20. RobotXander

Wise Guy

Brilliant game, well worth your time and money