Steam Summer Sale 2020

Soldato
What's this anti cheat thing? I ask out of curiosity, but i only play single player. is it "always online only play" kind of deal?

It was a Denuvo Anti-cheat update (added after the game's release) which used some kind of kernel-mode driver which had very high-level access to your system.
It was for multiplayer but I believe it was installed regardless of what mode you played.
It's been removed but, as they added it without warning after release, who's to say they won't try to sneak it back in again?

Associate
I bought Nascar Heat 4 and picked up the remaining DLC I didn't already own across Total War Warhammer I and II. That took me up to about £21, so I thought I may as well top up past £30 and get the £5 off. As I tend to play very few games and nothing else really appealed, I plumped for the Emperor Edition of Rome II and the definitive edition of Medieval II.

Lots of Total War it is then...

Soldato
No, I was kind of stuck for something to buy so I could get my £5 discount on Steam. I read some of the discussion forums about people moaning about the graphics (i.e. basic-looking console textures) so I was already in two minds about it. I literally only gave it fifteen minutes, that's usually enough for me to know if I'm going to like a game or not. As I said, it looked really dark, yacky brown colour palette with the trees and shadows being drawn right in front of my eyes so that put me off. I thought I would err on the side of caution and get a refund right away. I'm almost certain a game like this will come up on PS Now or Game Pass so I can try it again without feeling pressured about time for the refund.
Fair.

The garage bit is nuts, surprised me as a game (as in not played anything like that before etc). You have to get to that bit before really dimissing the game.

Man of Honour
Ive picked up Planet Coaster, tempted by Civ6 as well, is it worth it from Civ5 which i still play?

IMO very much so, however I do know that a lot of people didnt like Civ 6, didnt like the aesthetics and so on, but imo I'd take Civ 6 over Civ 5. Whether I would take Civ 6 over Civ 4 is perhaps a much tougher question but over Civ 5, yeah I'd go with 6. Sadly , you've recently missed Epic Games giving away Civ 6 for free too.

Caporegime
The garage bit is nuts, surprised me as a game (as in not played anything like that before etc). You have to get to that bit before really dimissing the game.

I've not crossed it off my list forever, it'll still be there waiting for me for a fiver. :p I suppose it didn't help after coming straight off The Evil Within, which gripped me right from the get go.

Soldato
I posted in the deals thread but I guess worth mentioning here as well, CDKeys currently have 10% off a £50 steam wallet top-up (UK only), so £45 for a £50 card.

Back
Top Bottom