Steam Summer Sale 2020

Man of Honour
It varies from game to game really...

Warhammer Gladius in steam sale = £10.84 , on Kinguin =£4 - half the price
Mount and Blade 2 in steam sale = £31.99 , on CDkeys =£25.99
Jedi Fallen Order in steam sale = £27.49 , on CDkeys = £22.99
Football Manager 2020 in steam sale = £19.99 , on CDkeys =£14.99
Total War Three Kingdoms in steam sale = £33.74, on Cdkeys = £24.99

Some are cheaper, some are more expensive, lists can be made for either case really.

Associate
No you can't.

Street Fighter X Tekken: Complete Pack
Street Fighter V - Champion Edition
LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII

Total £26.22 via Steam

Checking allkeyshop the key resellers were much more.
Ok let me rephrase, the majority of games can be had for cheaper at any time of the year via cdkey sites.

These steam sales are really poor to anyone that remembers the steam sales of old. Going digital was meant to make things cheaper, and it did for a couple of years before PC got more popular and gabe got greedy! :D

Soldato
Ok let me rephrase, the majority of games can be had for cheaper at any time of the year via cdkey sites.

These steam sales are really poor to anyone that remembers the steam sales of old. Going digital was meant to make things cheaper, and it did for a couple of years before PC got more popular and gabe got greedy! :D

Steam was marketed to combat piracy by offering a brand new digital service that we never had before. They never said we would get them for less.

There's no doubt the Steam sales from the early days were amazing, they were for many reasons and we could debate this alone for hours. Steam still have some great deals in their sales, albeit much less often than in the past. Terraria, Half-Life Alyx and Black Mesa are currently at great prices. (Black Mesa has been much less years ago mind).

The majority of games absolutely are almost always cheaper elsewhere these days, but not always ;)

Associate
Humble Bundle monthly can be hit or miss but last month had Football Manager 2020 in it for the $12 subscription, plus 9 other games all included in that price including Xcom 2.

I still won't use CD Keys and similar sites, etc for security reasons, but Xbox gamepass, Origin Access, free games on Epic and the odd Steam game purchase getting more PC games more cheaply than ever, definitely seems Epic are making Steam up their game a bit like the other poster mentioned.

Edit: Football Manager 2 was actually in the BLM Charity Bundle that expired recently, also had NBA2K20, BioShock Remastered, a load of other games and books, etc.

Also found out Stream gives you a free copy of Mafia 2 definitive Edition if you have the original which I haven't played since 2010, basically another free game.

Last edited:
Soldato
Having forgotten to buy in other promos this year , I must get F1 2019!

Breackneck?
Blood Bowl variants?
Virtual Pool 4?
Asset Corsa Competizione?
Any other SIM racers since pcars2?

Soldato
I'm a huge advocate for Competizione. Car on track it's fantastic, the 4 dlc tracks are great, GT4 with a new car list incoming, British GT at the end of the year. Populated multiplayer to a pretty high standard.

Nothing new afaik, but AMS 2 is rather good, and PC3 will probably be more sim physics.

Jumped on the GTFO sale price, there's a full on VR mod for it. The sale is hard work in VR if you've filled up multiple times before.

Associate
LOL, that must be why I'm always skint. I bought it on Steam after I had played it on Game Pass because I liked it so much. :p

:D haha, i've not played it yet, if its good i can always rebuy it. Like metro exodus, I just quickly went through that game because it's leaving game pass. I will buy that game as i've got the other 2 and im a fan of the series.

Caporegime
This is a pretty poor sale really. Out of the 50 games in my wishlist the vast majority of them are only reduced 20-25% so this looks like it's going to be the first Steam sale that I haven't purchased anything for a long time.
Was talking about this on Discord last night. It feels like the steam sales now are a pale imitation of the old sales. I can remember getting 50, 75 or even 90% off games. Now it feels like unless it’s ancient you get 25% off max.

Soldato
F1 2020 is out on the 10th July

Too late seeing this, pulled the trigger, will look at 2020 later!

Just tried first of my purchases, Ultimate Racing 2D, it's brilliant for £3.49... Like a modern day Supercars I/II from the Amiga days (without weapons) with some physics where you have to use the brake and there's tyre wear! :eek: :D

Associate
I bought Far Cry 5 and was enjoying it but it had this annoying bloom/haze that gave me a headache, and just couldn't remove/disable it to not annoy me. I had a similar issue with The division as well. Shame as I was quite enjoying it but had to refund

Caporegime
Tried Resident Evil VII but instantly disliked it due to the art direction/graphics with its dark and murky environment. Got a refund and will wait to see if it comes up on Game Pass or something.

Caporegime
Did you get as far as the garage?

No, I was kind of stuck for something to buy so I could get my £5 discount on Steam. I read some of the discussion forums about people moaning about the graphics (i.e. basic-looking console textures) so I was already in two minds about it. I literally only gave it fifteen minutes, that's usually enough for me to know if I'm going to like a game or not. As I said, it looked really dark, yacky brown colour palette with the trees and shadows being drawn right in front of my eyes so that put me off. I thought I would err on the side of caution and get a refund right away. I'm almost certain a game like this will come up on PS Now or Game Pass so I can try it again without feeling pressured about time for the refund.

Permabanned
I bought Far Cry 5 and was enjoying it but it had this annoying bloom/haze that gave me a headache, and just couldn't remove/disable it to not annoy me. I had a similar issue with The division as well. Shame as I was quite enjoying it but had to refund

Same with R6 seige and For Honor. All Ubisoft games look like this to me. Its a post process filter if i am not mistaken and no way to disable.

Back
Top Bottom