Stella 'Cidre'

Soldato
Should fit in nicely with those three though as they're all rank. Thatcher's, Stowford, good traditional ciders are where it's at. Proper cider should be held in the same regard as real ale, it's not a lager substitute.

Exactly. Most mainstream ciders (like Magners) are just crap. Exactly like mainstream lagers.

Real ale, real cider and real lager is where it is at.

Soldato
The wife-beater stuff with Stella really annoys me. I will quite often pick it if the only other stuff on tap is Carling or Carlsberg! Darn site nicer than those and the amount of places selling kronenbourg/grolsch or better on tap is dwindling really fast.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Just came back with a ton of it. Filled the drinks fridge nicely, i think its more than drinkable and at the price it is, totally worth buying.

Man of Honour
Not that found of addlestones

Old bristolian
Cheddar valley
Westons organic
Sheppys woodpecker
Thatchers Katy

In fact there's loads of good ones... Mmmm about time. I organised another cider night out.

Soldato
^ Cheddar Valley can be pretty lethal also, it's not very often you see it outside the west country I've found...

I've not tried Old Bristolian however, I'll have to keep an eye out for it.
pretty sure there's only one or two places around Bath that sell it, the only place i can think of is up landsdown way, to which i can never be arsed to walk :(

Yep it's not very often that you find a pub that serves it, but when you do, it's like winning a small jackpot lol.

Anyway, I've even found that the odd tiny village pub does it out in the sticks, so your best option really is just to visit as many pubs as you can and try and remember which ones serve what...

I've also found places that sell it in cans but it's just not the same... :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom