Stella 'Cidre'

Soldato
Tried a bottle of merrydown today and got a couple of bottles of Aspall £3 for 2 from tesco.

The Merrydown is very nice, will be getting more of it next time. Much better than the Stella stuff and not too sweet either.

Will try the Aspall tomorrow.

Soldato
Tried a bottle of this on Friday, it was actually really good. Would certainly drink it again but probably won't be finding itself in my trolley very regularly.

Soldato
Got a bottle of this, had it tonight

Can't say I like it, tastes like the normal crappy Strongbow stuff really as opposed to a really good cider

Caporegime
OK you girls, I just drove out to the Thatchers farm to get 5 Litres of rough:D

IMG_0526.jpg

Caporegime
So jealous Stu! How much did that cost? Post some up! :)

If you dont have a container, its £8, luckily I already got the 5L tub from previous trips, so a refill is £7

Great selection straight out off Oak barrels:), Dry/Medium/sweet/Traditional..

Or they have all the fancy flavours available in different sizes from 500mL to 2L, Rose/Pear etc etc

Last edited:
Soldato
i tried this the other day, it was OK but not a patch on thatchers old rascal or henry westons vintage, it just tastes processed compared :( Almost like an alcopop

Soldato
Black rat, Weston's Old Rosie, Thatcher's Katy or Old Rascal will all do the job of Cider, but I'm still fondest of turning up at Thatchers with buckets, drums, containers (hell, even a wellie boot if you're desperate) and getting them to fill it from the keg.

If you're lucky you'll get some chewy bits in the bottom! :D

Back
Top Bottom