Story behind your forum username?

Associate
I started with a username online based on my nickname in real life but this name I got from another chatroom as it was a bit of how I felt in my life at the time. Neviditelny is the czech word for "invisible" and I wasn't in a good state at that time so I chose that word for a username and it's stuck with me.

Caporegime
I started with a username online based on my nickname in real life but this name I got from another chatroom as it was a bit of how I felt in my life at the time. Neviditelny is the czech word for "invisible" and I wasn't in a good state at that time so I chose that word for a username and it's stuck with me.
I thought it might have been an anagram of evidently

Caporegime
A fondness of the Disc World books by Terry Pratchett made me consider using the name "Vimes" on this forum. On some forums I would use the name Dibbler, another character from the Discworld novels.

My would be avatar.....

ZQZRDS6

Love Vimes and Dibbler :)

Man of Honour
Mine used to be VinceB I think then one day I was talking to @Gibbo (im pretty sure it was at Rye House) and he suggested to me that it should be just Vince. So a couple of weeks later that was exactly what it became :)

Associate
I thought it might have been an anagram of evidently

I can't tell too much here as gotta think about the kids around, but when I came up with this name I used a czech dictionary to find random nicknames as well for the other chatrooms I were involved in. Could come up with some pretty good ones in that way :D

Soldato
Was looking for a new name for Quake 3 on-line. Couldn't think of anything original, so did the ol' "open the dictionary at a random page and point" trick. After a couple of tries I hit this one.

Man of Honour
I'm a Cornishman and I love to munch on a nice pasty.

I once (for a bet) drank the entire contents of a large pickled egg jar (like the ones you see at the chippy)

I did that once while I was down the Falklands. I had flown off the mountain I was stationed at and flew down to Mount Pleasant for my flight home the next day. That evening I wondered over to the Engineering Flight bar to see if there were any fellow engineers that I hadn't seen for a while. It turned out there were a few there and somehow I ended up being bet that I couldn't eat all the pickled onions (those big ones) in a new jar. If I could I would have free beer for the night. Not only did I eat the pickles but drank the vinegar as well. I felt sorry for the people who were seated near me on the flight home the next day as my botty burps were just plain evil. :D:D:D

Soldato
I'm a Cornishman and I love to munch on a nice pasty.

I did that once while I was down the Falklands. I had flown off the mountain I was stationed at and flew down to Mount Pleasant for my flight home the next day. That evening I wondered over to the Engineering Flight bar to see if there were any fellow engineers that I hadn't seen for a while. It turned out there were a few there and somehow I ended up being bet that I couldn't eat all the pickled onions (those big ones) in a new jar. If I could I would have free beer for the night. Not only did I eat the pickles but drank the vinegar as well. I felt sorry for the people who were seated near me on the flight home the next day as my botty burps were just plain evil. :D:D:D

LOL, the first Xmas we spent as a couple, all I ate was pickled onions and sharp chedder. Even 15+ years later the wife still brings it up with a distant look of horror on her face!

NVP

NVP

Soldato
I’m a fan of Scrubs, Sarah Chalke especially, and decided to go for ElliotR in honour of her Scrubs character Elliot Reid. However I made a typo and when I noticed I couldn’t be bothered to try and change it.
Haha this is the best one :D

It's my name.

Although I do regret using this now and wish I had something more anonymous if that makes sense.
Hahaha wait no, this one! Were you named after a church sermon or something? :D

My username is because I have no imagination. Lucky number is three. My name is Clarance.. :)
....what am I missing?

My name’s ****.

Can a mod please change it to: Yaayuh!

ta
iWdkbJQ.gif

Mine is named after an infamous jpeg that a fellow forum member used to post around in the old overclockers #motors IRC channel.
Disappointed, I thought perhaps you owned an E36 rolling on old school BBS

Mine used to be my first name, on every forum ever, turned out my first name was unique and the only hit in google for my name brought back all my forum posts etc - so changed it to a nickname from uni.

Back
Top Bottom