Street Fighter (SFIV, SSFIV, HDR)

Associate
I might get it, but I think HD Remix will probably hold my attention longer.

Be great to get hold of a pad though, at least somewhat reminds me of playing Super Turbo on the SNES.

Associate
Really? Why do you think HD Remix would hold your attention longer? I personally love HD Remix but SF4 seems to be adding more to the already awesome gameplay of SF2.

I guess I'm just more used to the feel of it; I mean, I obviously haven't played 4, but it doesn't look the same. I'm just not really sold on a 3D version of SF2. HD Remix hits the balance between change and original Turbo gameplay, so I'm not sure that I'll be returning to SF4 as much. Who knows though.

Soldato
SF4 is supposed to be more like SF2 more than SF3, which I am so utterly relieved about since I never got on with SF3 (but loved to bits).

There are some awesome "HD" footage of SF4 on IGN.

Soldato
Hmm wanted to order the collectors edition.
Anyone getting this?

Nope - it's not the best package.
A plastic model of Crimson Viper, a bonus disc containing stuff not good enough to make the real game and a mini strategy guide covering only 4 characters.

No thanks :)

Soldato
Nope - it's not the best package.
A plastic model of Crimson Viper, a bonus disc containing stuff not good enough to make the real game and a mini strategy guide covering only 4 characters.

No thanks :)

At least its better than the US version of this, they only get Ryu for the PS3 and Crimson Viper for the 360, we get them both. The PS3 anime disk is in HD on a BD and the 360 is HD quailty on a dvd.

Soldato
Which genius decided that the 360 version of the fighting pad would be wired?

I'm going to be forced into getting the ps3 version - which few of my friends will be getting - as I sit too far away from the screen for a wired pad :mad:

Associate
Im struggling on sticks. Ive pretty much my mind up im getting this as a fancy some old school arcade fighting. however im unsure as to what stick i should be getting (360) and where the official sf4 sticks are available if there better then the hori things.

can anybody advise on this?

Associate
sigh

i get realy fed up with limited numbers stuff. obviously that stick in his opinion is the best and the next best is about the same price but about 3 levels down in his rating and still pretty much unavailable in this country.

pretty depressing state of affairs if you ask me.

Caporegime
Unfortunately they arent popular in this country - I got strange looks from shop staff when hunting for a PS3 Arcade Stick a few months back...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Associate
sigh

i get realy fed up with limited numbers stuff. obviously that stick in his opinion is the best and the next best is about the same price but about 3 levels down in his rating and still pretty much unavailable in this country.

pretty depressing state of affairs if you ask me.

It's not all a lost cause, if the TE isn't up for pre-order or sale again. I'd expect them to make more, or failing that then a Hori Real Arcade Pro (I can't find any 'SA' versions, i.e. Sanwa buttons too, but you can replace the HORI buttons in the non-SA version) is a great stick and can be had on PS3 for very similar money (including shipping), and soon on the Xbox 360. But you will have to IMPORT these.

Last resort, and it's the cheapest; make one. For anyone that fancies I found this fantastic site this week:

http://www.slagcoin.com/joystick/introduction.html

You shouldn't need to read anything else on arcade parts for a while.

Back
Top Bottom