Stupid Mistake!!

Soldato
Why are people differentiating this situation from any other person driving on the roads with no licence or insurance?

Soldato
joshy we git a lot of dinner left ocer if you fancy some by the way :)

Mate I'm so stuffed it actually hurts. I'm not moving anywhere today unless it is to the toilet or to get some more drink :p.

Why are people differentiating this situation from any other person driving on the roads with no licence or insurance?

Because the OP wasn't behind the wheel at the time, and yet has still lost his license as a result of it.

No one is here saying that the GF shouldn't have been punished but a polite warning from the plod would have been enough for the OP. I bet from the moment he saw flashing blue lights he decided that he wasn't going to do it again, but instead of some common sense policing they've gone and drastically affected this guys life, probably ruined his chances of getting the job/career he was after and for what purpose? It doesn't even serve as an example, I bet everyone here who would let someone else drive their car if they were asked before reading this thread still would.

DM

DM

Permabanned
[TW]Fox;18074770 said:
It's not his child, its his girlfriend who is the same age as he is :confused:

well shes still quite young what you gonna do? they still got that annoying whine at 20
for ****s sake iv surrendered once, dont be taking advanyage

Soldato
[TW]Fox;18074770 said:
It's not his child, its his girlfriend who is the same age as he is :confused:

Same thing. I'm sure when you were a learner you wanted to drive any and everywhere. I would have taken any excuse to get behind the wheel.

Soldato
Because the OP wasn't behind the wheel at the time, and yet has still lost his license as a result of it.

:confused:

There wouldn't be a problem if he was behind the wheel. He was the one who let her drive the car, it was his car, he was the person responsible for being in charge of the vehicle at the time. It's been a while since I read the OP but wasn't he also under the age/experience limit allowing him to take learners out?

No one is here saying that the GF shouldn't have been punished but a polite warning from the plod would have been enough for the OP. I bet from the moment he saw flashing blue lights he decided that he wasn't going to do it again, but instead of some common sense policing they've gone and drastically affected this guys life, probably ruined his chances of getting the job/career he was after and for what purpose? It doesn't even serve as an example, I bet everyone here who would let someone else drive their car if they were asked before reading this thread still would.

The police can show discretion but I doubt the courts can so they have to follow the law sadly.

I wouldn't let many people drive my car, even those who have insurance and a licence, there is no way I would let someone drive it without either of those, it just isn't worth it - and I've held those views ever since I started learning to drive.

Same thing. I'm sure when you were a learner you wanted to drive any and everywhere. I would have taken any excuse to get behind the wheel.

So that makes it ok then?

I want to drive a brand new SLS, that doesn't mean I can go and break the law to drive one.

DM

DM

Permabanned
Thjers only one thing for it u tell them swines at mercedes you need a long test drive
try Beckenam they banned me from the service center there because i was abusive wqhen they swindled me for a lubricared aerial wipe, imagine trhat

Last edited:
Soldato
Gaffa tape and a slipper seems to be a proven method.

Obviously your children had a slightly better childhood than I did!

DM

DM

Permabanned
Gaffa tape and a slipper seems to be a proven method.

Obviously your children had a slightly better childhood than I did!

i dont want to starty up with the upbringing we had some problems i can tell you anyway my daughter fickin g star i can tell you i l;ove that girl, my son well he4s a bit like me a late bloomer you know
anyway all i can say its these times of year it mces it all worth it plus my lovely wife shes lovely i cant tell my mats this **** thats why youy lot are golden#

Soldato
:confused:

There wouldn't be a problem if he was behind the wheel. He was the one who let her drive the car, it was his car, he was the person responsible for being in charge of the vehicle at the time. It's been a while since I read the OP but wasn't he also under the age/experience limit allowing him to take learners out?

Yes, but he WASN'T DRIVING. Like I said, he's probably not going to get the Apprenticship with BT, his insurance is going to be stupid money, he has to retake driving lessons and tests and all for a driving offence that didn't actually involve any driving! Life set back a few years for what?

The person in charge of a motor vehicle is the person behind the wheel actually doing the driving and should cop full responsibility.

The police can show discretion but I doubt the courts can so they have to follow the law sadly.

I know they do. My beef isn't really with the courts, it is with the police. It should have never gotten this far!

I wouldn't let many people drive my car, even those who have insurance and a licence, there is no way I would let someone drive it without either of those, it just isn't worth it - and I've held those views ever since I started learning to drive.

Different strokes for different folks. For me as long as I know you and can find you (if you put it into a tree and do a runner! :p) then I'm happy to let anyone drive my cars. If you break it I want it fixed and if you rag it I'm going to give you hell, but other than that, have fun. And this is my attitude towards people I don't even know that well, I certainly wouldn't have an issue letting my GF have a spin without seeing a copy of her driving license, paper counterpart and insurance certificate. :p

So that makes it ok then?

I want to drive a brand new SLS, that doesn't mean I can go and break the law to drive one.

That's not even vaguely comparable!

Back
Top Bottom