'Suicide bomber' taxi explodes at Liverpool Women's Hospital

Soldato
OP
And let's not forget the Trevor Phillips survey. This reveals deeply concerning numbers.

https://www.channel4.com/press/news...ary-reveals-what-british-muslims-really-think

Some highlights.
(snip)
Q: Please tell me tell me whether you sympathise or condemn people who take part in suicide bombing to fight injustice

That's quite loaded wording. It wouldn't have flown when I did my psych degree. Adding 'to fight injustice' gives rather a lot of room for mental manoeuvre. Is this hypothetical suicide bomber a desperate man who's lost his entire family against ISIS in some third world hellhole, striking back at his oppressors? Or is it someone in a democratised suburb wandering into the local children's hospital and blowing up a dozen innocent kids 'because infidels'? You can see the potential for varied answers based on that little snippet alone.

Was it a black cab, it's hard to see in the CCTV?

No it was a private hire.

Soldato
That's quite loaded wording. It wouldn't have flown when I did my psych degree. Adding 'to fight injustice' gives rather a lot of room for mental manoeuvre. Is this hypothetical suicide bomber a desperate man who's lost his entire family against ISIS in some third world hellhole, striking back at his oppressors? Or is it someone in a democratised suburb wandering into the local children's hospital and blowing up a dozen innocent kids 'because infidels'? You can see the potential for varied answers based on that little snippet alone.

No it was a private hire.

I agree on the survey wording. It would have been better to go with the simpler "Do you agree with/ sympathise with suicide bombing?" With either a flat "yes/no" or "Always/sometimes/never"

Soldato
That's definitely strange, if not a bit dangerous.

I thought most cars had a master override if opening from the inside, whether via an unlock button or i suspect the drivers door being the one that could always be opened regardless of if it had been locked.

Cars have done this for decades, it's so someone can't smash the window and open the door.

Soldato
How silly does your post come across now?

Why is it users on this fourm are so fast to post stupid posts before actually hearing the full story?

Let me tell you me and my wife was in town yesterday this little car on fire you saying made the entire town on edge going down into Central train station wasn't nice.

Yesterday a man called David Perry might have just saved so many lives had that bomber entered that hospital.

Next time think before you post.

Looool.

Stand by my post. Intact even more so now I'm know I've upset some **********.

Raz

Raz

Soldato
I agree on the survey wording. It would have been better to go with the simpler "Do you agree with/ sympathise with suicide bombing?" With either a flat "yes/no" or "Always/sometimes/never"

I don't think it's that simple. What if you agree with suicide bombing against actual military targets (e.g kamikazi) but not against civilians (e.g. Islamists).

Caporegime
So it's looking like those men arrested were under active surveillance already?

Or presumably, known to the authorities & known contacts of the bomber - maybe all on a list? They can't keep all of them under surveillance.

We've withdrawn from Iraq and Afghanistan so the previous whataboutery some might come out with re: Western foreign policy etc.. to bizarrely attempt to shift the blame for these attacks to Western politicians seems pretty suspect. It's just a poisonous ideology.

Raz

Raz

Soldato
Or presumably, known to the authorities & known contacts of the bomber - maybe all on a list? They can't keep all of them under surveillance.

We've withdrawn from Iraq and Afghanistan so the previous whataboutery some might come out with re: Western foreign policy etc.. to bizarrely attempt to shift the blame for these attacks to Western politicians seems pretty suspect. It's just a poisonous ideology.

Just a question...

Do you think that just by withdrawing from Iraq and Afghanistan (which was a mess and possibly likely to cause an increase in terrorist activities) things would change?

Soldato
I dunno about locking the doors.

There's a fairly brisk blast while the car is still moving and the driver is still inside. It's already over before the driver gets out the right hand door. Unless it was about locking doors before that?

I'm guessing he meant to run in and set off the bomb but it went off prematurely.

Maybe it was on a timer and his job was to get into position for 11.

Wouldn't be the first time a muppet was given the bomb and the bomb maker carries on.

Caporegime
Just a question...

Do you think that just by withdrawing from Iraq and Afghanistan (which was a mess and possibly likely to cause an increase in terrorist activities) things would change?

Nope!

The Islamists are just going to carry on regardless.

Soldato
I dunno about locking the doors.

There's a fairly brisk blast while the car is still moving and the driver is still inside. It's already over before the driver gets out the right hand door. Unless it was about locking doors before that?

Maybe it was on a timer and his job was to get into position for 11.

Wouldn't be the first time a muppet was given the bomb and the bomb maker carries on.
I think they're referring to his quick whit in enabling the child locks to disable the rear door handles/windows from working.

Back
Top Bottom