Summer Transfer Thread 2019

Soldato
yur kidding right? Much prefer to spend £90m on Maguire lol (not)

Even with MDL's relative in-experience he will probably be one of the best ch's in the league he chooses

Based on what?

I see a lot of this about and although he looks a good cb whenever ive seen him play he seems to have a mistake in him.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

As a Chelsea fan, this is somewhat depressing knowing we cant make any transfers

But on the bright side, maybe we will finally start to better integrate our youth players into the team. I can see this being a season of good potential for us.

Soldato
Disappointed at Torreira wanting to leave. Wants out after one year because he’s having trouble adjusting to life in England. Was hoping he’d have a bit more about him than that.

How much do you think you could get for him? Take the cash and invest in Rice or similar at West Ham and you're better off.

Caporegime
OP
How much do you think you could get for him? Take the cash and invest in Rice or similar at West Ham and you're better off.
I’d want £45-50m for him at least. He’s certainly not impossible to replace, but I don’t know if I trust us to do it. We usually end up replacing these players with inferior ones for bargain prices.

Soldato
I’d want £45-50m for him at least. He’s certainly not impossible to replace, but I don’t know if I trust us to do it. We usually end up replacing these players with inferior ones for bargain prices.

He had a bit of a mixed season imo but 45mil should be do able. Doucoure and Ndidi would be better for you aswell tbh.

Soldato
Torreria wont be leaving he struggled to adjust in Sampdoria at first also

He said in an interview he was struggling and then media said he wants to leave.

Tierney from celtic to arsenal offered 15 mill rejected meant to be going back with 20

Decent defender got to be better than mustafi anyway

Caporegime
OP
Torreria wont be leaving he struggled to adjust in Sampdoria at first also

He said in an interview he was struggling and then media said he wants to leave.

Tierney from celtic to arsenal offered 15 mill rejected meant to be going back with 20

Decent defender got to be better than mustafi anyway
He’s a left back. He won’t be replacing Mustafi.

Don
A little snippet from an article relating to Utd's rejected bids for Wan-Bissaka that I found highly ammusing:

Palace considered those performance-related clauses – some are believed to relate to United, who finished sixth last term, winning the Champions League – to be wildly unrealistic.
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ce-aaron-wan-bissaka-deal-improved-offer-zaha
He had a bit of a mixed season imo but 45mil should be do able.
Really? Who's paying that sort of money for him? If as rob's said, he wants to leave due to personal reasons and not adapting to life in the UK then a move back to Italy or possibly Spain seems most likely and assuming none of Real, Barca, Atletico or Juve will be in for him, who can afford and would pay that sort of fee?

Don
Any news in Ndombele from Lyon, seems to have gone dead?
I think it's going to be a weird summer window. As has been said before, there seems to be loads of potential big deals to be done but they all seem intertwined. I can't see Lyon being in any hurry to accept an offer from Spurs that isn't way ott until things settle down. Depending on the Pogba situation you could potentially have Juve, PSG, Real and possibly even Utd (if Pogba's sold) in for Ndombele later in the window. Equally it could be that Spurs are waiting to see what's the situation with Erkisen, which again could be connected to Pogba, before they can move ahead with any deal.

It doesn't just apply to Ndombele and Spurs too. There doesn't appear to be any concrete transfer news for many sides right now and I suspect it's because there's so many deals or possible deals up in the air that nobody knows where things stand. You've not just got Real spending big but Bayern and the possibility of Barca, PSG and Juve too and if Neymar does end up moving (back to Barca?) that's going to have massive knock on effects and huge amounts of money entering the market - no selling club wants to miss out on that by selling too early.

Soldato
Sad to see him go - but happy to see this all wrapped up - It has been dragging on for weeks now!

Also shame that we weren't able to get that sell-on clause for Zaha removed - I can't see him moving on this window now...

Back
Top Bottom