Summer Transfer Thread 24/25

Soldato
Pathetic.

Technically the richest club in the world are having major issues because the established elite aren’t allowing them to spend cash in order to rapidly compete. Insane.

Then two of those clubs who have basically caused the issue disrupting the old money, breaking every rule and getting away scott free. You’ve got Big Monaco Jim coming out saying the big 6 should have more power, sod the smaller clubs as per.

The joys of modern football I guess.
FFP has always been weighted to maintain the status quo and not allow any other teams to disrupt the red and white cartel, brexit Jim’s latest comments just reinforce that

Last edited:
Soldato
We should just go on a spending spree, take the points deduction, then smash the league the following season.

/only semi-serious.

Soldato
And Forest to the rescue. Shame to lose Anderson but he 7th choice and didn’t have the pace to play on the wing.

That should be our PSR shorted if the rumoured 40m was true. 27m profit from Minteh and Anderson being an academy player pure profit should cover the gap if they both pass a medical!!

That one hurts tbh, especially when we keep Almoron/Wilson and Long staff. Brutal. Have a feeling Minteh and Anderson will both come back to bite us.

Edit looks like we getting 35m for Anderson, softens the blow.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
PSR is working as intended. The super league 6 were after a bargain.
That one hurts tbh, especially when we keep Almoron/Wilson and Long staff. Brutal. Have a feeling Minteh and Anderson will both come back to bite us.

Edit looks like we getting 35m for Anderson, softens the blow.
100% Minteh also hurts after watching his progress:/ but two players that haven’t scored a goal for us that have hopefully pulled us out of a hole. I just can’t see were Anderson fitted in with Wilcock, BigJo and Miley able to fill that LCM role. On the RCM we have Sandro/Miley/Longstaff ahead of him there. Probably more suited to a CAM role.

Miggy will be leaving the club just not to Saudi. Dubs to Celtic after the Euros, few clubs after Longstaff. Wilson set to leave. Wee bit of a mini rebuild the summer. Squad slimming but with better overall quality.
In. Twist to the Anderson sale, it's being reported we are getting 35m for him.
We must be getting Elganga then!! Wee bit of doggy accounting going on.

Last edited:
Soldato
It’s a 3 year rolling cycle, so if we spent £300m this summer for instance that would still be amortised/accounted for until the 27/28 season

Yeah I hadn’t really given it that much thought this morning.

In which case, do it anyway and target the 29/30 season #longtermplan.

:p

Soldato
It’s PSR deadline day :D more drama than the real transfer deadline hah
We've got loads of financial headroom too. I wonder if we throw out a few other derisory bids today!

A midfield development group of Gray, Yarmoliuk and Konak is quite a little gang of emerging talent.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Transfer wise I quite like the targets we have so far:

De Ligt - looking like very strong interest reported by Ornstein. Never quite worked at Bayern and he’s had some injuries, but a very solid player.

Zirkzee - promising young striker. I remember him on FM! More experienced than Hojlund.

Branthwaite - interest not linked to De Ligt and would be a really good signing. Both would be ideal.

Ugarte - definite upgrade in midfield, not sure how solid the interest is though.

Back
Top Bottom