Summer Transfer Thread 24/25

Soldato
Transfer wise I quite like the targets we have so far:

De Ligt - looking like very strong interest reported by Ornstein. Never quite worked at Bayern and he’s had some injuries, but a very solid player.

Zirkzee - promising young striker. I remember him on FM! More experienced than Hojlund.

Branthwaite - interest not linked to De Ligt and would be a really good signing. Both would be ideal.

Ugarte - definite upgrade in midfield, not sure how solid the interest is though.
De Ligt worries me a little because they’re knee injuries. And quite a number of injuries too.

Zirkzee I’m not really sold on. But we have to trust the new guys identifying these players.

I’m most excited about Ugarte to be honest. Think he’ll bring a lot of presence and fight.

Soldato
Ugarte is a fsirly limited footballer, I think the technical side of his game would be exposed in the PL (I like him a lot aswell). There's a reason psg are rumoured to be looking to offload him.

Caporegime
Well it's gone from the big 2 to 4 to 6 solely to make sure they are remotely relevant so expect the big 8 to be coming soon
I’m baffled how Spurs are still considered a big 6 club. They last won the league 62 years ago and the fa cup 23 years ago. They’ve won one league cup in the last 23 years.

Last edited:
Soldato
A couple of interesting targets are progressing. Manuel Ugarte looks a direct replacement for Casemiro which will hopefully balance the wages in favour of PSR. Joshua Zirkzee is an odd one in my opinion. Great first touch and loves to drop deep and I can see how that kind of player Might work with a fit again Martinez playing the ball through the lines. Would still love an established and 'Proper Number 9' so maybe they will keep Rasmus exclusively as the traditional 9.

De Ligt is the odd one for me, as him and Brathwaite seem to have a few of the same characteristics, no doubt come with an inflated wage demand but apparently hes a leader in the dressing room, hard to believe he is only 24. Still not convinced he would do well playing in a high line defence.

fez

fez

Caporegime
We shouldn't touch injury prone players with a bargepole. We have enough of them already and we don't seem to have any capability to cut our losses or negotiate contracts in light of players lack of actual playing contribution.

Pet Northerner
Don
Well it's gone from the big 2 to 4 to 6 solely to make sure they are remotely relevant so expect the big 8 to be coming soon
Tbf I’d enjoy a big 10 and have a league that’s always competitive at the top.

Would be more enjoyable than the same 2/3 horse race we’ve had the past half decade or more.

Soldato
We shouldn't touch injury prone players with a bargepole. We have enough of them already and we don't seem to have any capability to cut our losses or negotiate contracts in light of players lack of actual playing contribution.
There’s talk of a 5 year contract too. We do seem to have a misguided ‘we’ll be the one to fix you’ mentality.

Soldato
OP
Hall to Newcastle now official. One of our better players come the last few games of the season when Howe actually started to play him!!

Man of Honour
Man Utd in formal talks with Bayern over De Ligt now, sounding quite likely to happen.

Given the focus last season was on injuries, not sure it's the best idea, although I like him as a player...

Soldato
Man Utd in formal talks with Bayern over De Ligt now, sounding quite likely to happen.

Given the focus last season was on injuries, not sure it's the best idea, although I like him as a player...
He's injured far too much. What arent United getting...stop signing players that love an injury especially very expensive one.

Don
A couple of Newcastle journo's are reporting that Newcastle are concerned that Gordon's had his head turned by the links to Liverpool. I think he's a decent player but not worth the fee he's likely to command however if he were to really push for the move, refuse to return to pre-season etc then I'll be fully on board with Liverpool paying a world record fee for him. The fume from Evertonian's plus woppy & Bigpig would be worth £200m alone :p

Back
Top Bottom