Summer Transfer Thread 24/25

Caporegime
Ask a City fan they'll tell you £60m or thereabouts. Ask someone involved in the transfer and you'll likely get a figure close to £150m after payments to his dad and his agent.
Give me your sources for the people involved in the transfer. You are just as likely to be using made up figures as they are. But that doesn't suit the narrative. Just as we don't have a breakdown of where those increases come from. The +120m for liverpool could come from what the Saudi's offered for Salah last year. What do thiose numbers even mean or come from. City might have lost a boat load on Grealish.

Caporegime
Give me your sources for the people involved in the transfer. You are just as likely to be using made up figures as they are. But that doesn't suit the narrative. Just as we don't have a breakdown of where those increases come from. The +120m for liverpool could come from what the Saudi's offered for Salah last year. What do thiose numbers even mean or come from. City might have lost a boat load on Grealish.
Of course all unofficial, but this gives an idea of the total cost rumoured. https://www.marca.com/en/football/manchester-city/2022/05/10/627a18b9268e3e1c678b457c.html

Soldato
OP
Looks like Kelly is wrapped up for free but Tosin heading to Chelsea!!

Doesn't that give Chelsea like 7 CB's? hah that surely means Chalobah getting flogged then for that tasty FFP profit.

Don
There is a breakdown. Transfermarkt provide values for pretty much every pro player in the world. Now they're obviously ultimately meaningless but they look at the players ability, age, contract length, transfer fees paid for similar profile players and provide a value. Cristiano Ronaldo famously blocked them on Instagram after they reduced his value a few seasons ago. They're primarily a stats website.

And no, Liverpool's increase didn't come from Salah (his value dropped over the season (due to age, contract length etc)) but mainly from increased values of players like Bradley & Quansah.

Caporegime
So just made up **** then. They have no idea so they make up figures, nothing new with footballers and transfers.
It still means that City's 'official' fee for Haaland, and the one City fans will trot out endlessly (and probably the one the PL get to know about for Profit and Sustainability figures), is far from the actual amount City had to pay. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if some or all of the money came from another bank account so won't show on City's figures.

Caporegime
It still means that City's 'official' fee for Haaland, and the one City fans will trot out endlessly (and probably the one the PL get to know about for Profit and Sustainability figures), is far from the actual amount City had to pay. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if some or all of the money came from another bank account so won't show on City's figures.
And you don't think that's been the case for a lot of big name signings at other clubs in the premier league over the years? It's nothing new, I'm just disputing the figures which are made up to make a story because they have no idea on the real figures. If they did they would have evidence of the payment and be able to give it to the Premier League. But they don't because it's just hearsay and rumour mongering to create a story.

So apparently his dad gets 30 million euros and the agent 50m. So where exactly is any of this undeclared or paid illegally? And why do people care about this, do you think there's been no agent fees and bonuses to family members in any of the dealing Man United have made over the years. We don't quote those add on's when we state Pogba was 90m. What was the real cost of him?

And Lets say those figures are 100% true. Everyone keeps saying the boy is going to Real Madrid. So he's taking a huge pay cut to go there, to a club that can't afford it.

Soldato
Isn't it widely accepted that haaland's release clauses are a lot lower than his market value precisely because of the additional payments to his family and agent.

Caporegime
dannyjo fighting for the little guy here, poor Man City. If only they had 114 other people to defend them like you.
Ah shami who tells us to ignore these made up numbers and stories unless it's to support his own agenda.
Isn't it widely accepted that haaland's release clauses are a lot lower than his market value precisely because of the additional payments to his family and agent.

What are the release clauses for the rest of the PL top stars? Premier league releases clauses always baffle me how they don't slap on 500m like the top Spanish teams do when they shell out a lot of money.

Caporegime
What are the release clauses for the rest of the PL top stars? Premier league releases clauses always baffle me how they don't slap on 500m like the top Spanish teams do when they shell out a lot of money.
Danny what are you talking about. Release clauses are compulsory in Spain, that's why they're so big. Most players don't have release clauses in the PL.

Soldato
What's that got to do with anything? You were talking about halaand?

Back
Top Bottom