Summer Transfer Thread 24/25

Soldato
GO6EHs3WEAA-v0v
Should have done all 20 teams.

Caporegime
Isn't it widely accepted that haaland's release clauses are a lot lower than his market value precisely because of the additional payments to his family and agent.

What's that got to do with anything? You were talking about halaand?

You're the one that stated his release clause is widely accepted as lower than market value. Well then whats the figure and whats the accepted for a player of his ability and worth in the EPL. Or are we just continuing to make up stuff without evidence based on nothing but rumour?

Soldato
You're the one that stated his release clause is widely accepted as lower than market value. Well then whats the figure and whats the accepted for a player of his ability and worth in the EPL. Or are we just continuing to make up stuff without evidence based on nothing but rumour?
Yes, I'm sure the price he went for in 2022 (51 million was it?) was bang on his market value. Lets have a look at the other transfers that happened that window that were all more expensive than the hottest property in world football:

Antony - 85m
Nunez - 85m
Tchouameni - 85m
Fofana - 75m
Casemiro - 70m
de Light - 65m
Cucurella - 64m
Isak - 63m
Richarlison - 60m
Martinez - 57m
Raphinha - 55m

Then you also have the likes of sterling and jesus who move for a couple of million less (47 and 45m respectively), and on top of that you have Mudryk for 89m & Fernandez for 106m in the january window. But please, do keep on about how his release clause was fair reflection of his value, if he was to have moved without that clause you would have been looking at a potential record transfer fee or failing that an easy 120-150 million. It was the same when he moved from Salzberg to Dortmund for 20million, without the clause you'd be looking at double that.

Last edited:
Don
its getting silly. Why?
Because there's no transfer fee. Mbappe (and his agent) know Real are saving £200m and are therefore asking for their cut of that saving in the form of an increased signing on fee and wages.

It's nothing new and comes back to the Haaland debate above. City got Haaland for a discounted fee and as a result were in a position to drive a harder bargain when it came to his wages, signing on fee, agent fees etc.

Caporegime
Then you also have the likes of sterling and jesus who move for a couple of million less (47 and 45m respectively), and on top of that you have Mudryk for 89m & Fernandez for 106m in the january window. But please, do keep on about how his release clause was fair reflection of his value, if he was to have moved without that clause you would have been looking at a potential record transfer fee or failing that an easy 120-150 million. It was the same when he moved from Salzberg to Dortmund for 20million, without the clause you'd be looking at double that.

I'm not saying he wasn't a bargain, I'm saying you don't know the release clause was because of add on's to family etc. Everything I've read has said his condition on going from Salzburg to Dortmund was a lower release clause so he kept his options open. Who knows if that's true but you seem to have this insider knowledge that it's low because of add ons to other people. It's also been reported his release clause kicks in this summer for 200m.

Regardless the point is you and a few others keep going on about this being a shady deal kept out of the fair play regs etc. Where exactly is his dad hiding the fact he got 30m under the table? Now I've never been given 30m but perhaps you can enlighten me how you go about hiding a 30m transaction? I don't care if in his deal to City his dad gets 30m and his agent gets 50m. My dispute is how you know that it happened outside of the rules.

Soldato
Because there's no transfer fee. Mbappe (and his agent) know Real are saving £200m and are therefore asking for their cut of that saving in the form of an increased signing on fee and wages.

It's nothing new and comes back to the Haaland debate above. City got Haaland for a discounted fee and as a result were in a position to drive a harder bargain when it came to his wages, signing on fee, agent fees etc.

of course, I forgot he went for free.

Soldato
Bayern and Barca linked with signing Fernandes, according to Sky. Could be the perfect time to cash in, but unless he’s replaced with similar, United could fall back even further.

Caporegime
Barca definitely couldn't afford him. Doubt Bayern could either after a season of no success and big spending on Kane. Pretty sure the rumour comes from O Jogo in Portugal too, Portugal is legendary for being wrong about transfer rumours every summer.

Back
Top Bottom