Summer Transfer Thread 24/25

They're not mental Mark. If Alisson is still performing and justifies giving a new deal then he'll be given one, just as Salah was.

If the club believe that this Valencia keeper is a bit of a bargain, as has been reported, then it's a no brainer. The reports coming out of Spain suggest he's happy to be loaned out for 2 years - a lot can happen in 2 years. Alisson's form or fitness could be an issue, he might decide he wants to move to Spain or Saudi. Who knows. In the even that in 1-2 years time we need a new keeper, the club obviously believe this guy is best placed to replace Alisson. And if we don't need to replace Alisson, we can always move this other guy on.

It has no impact on our ability to make any other signings so I see no reason why they shouldn't do this deal if they believe this guy has the potential to replace Alisson if and when he needs replacing?
Totally agree - the guy looks excellent, has a similar profile to Alisson, and if he's been identified as the long term replacement it's better to get him on the books now than to be scrambling whenever Ali does leave or age. Think it's really sensible.

Done deal! What a window.

I'm genuinely interested in how he gets on in the PL. He is brilliant to watch but equally frustrating as hell. He gives the ball away a lot, I'm not sure he will have the freedom to do what he does in the Championship and you take that away from him and I'm not sure how affective he will be, he doesn't score enough, his shooting is pretty terrible. He had a woeful end of the season, but I'm not sure how much the hernia op affected that. I would have snapped someone's hands off to get what we paid for him after the play-off ended, different story when we have sold everyone around him and not replaced them, Rutter became more integral to the team then.

Looking like Van den Berg is the next out the door, Ornstein reporting Brentford looking at him for £20M+ and I also saw Leverkusen with £25m.

Sounds like a deal for the Valencia keeper is almost done. There had been talk that he'd sign and be loaned out to Bournemouth but it looks like he's going to stay at Valencia, at least for this coming season.

The Athletic are also reporting that a £20m+ sale of Sepp van den Berg is also close, although they don't say to who, just that Brentford are strongly interested.

Looking like Van den Berg is the next out the door, Ornstein reporting Brentford looking at him for £20M+ and I also saw Leverkusen with £25m.
I don't understand how he can be so well regarded, and so in demand in Germany yet so unwanted by us when we really need cover at CB for when Konate inevitably gets injured, especially if Gomez is also being allowed to leave.

I don't understand how he can be so well regarded, and so in demand in Germany yet so unwanted by us when we really need cover at CB for when Konate inevitably gets injured, especially if Gomez is also being allowed to leave.
He did very well last season for Mainz (was their player of the season i believe), and as to why he won't stay at Liverpool, well he's said numerous times he wants to be a starter which he won't get here.

If we can get 20-25 for someone that we bought for 1.5 (some addons aswell that will never be triggered) that would be outstanding business.

Last edited:
He did very well last season for Mainz (was their olayer of the season i believe), and as to why he won't stay at Liverpool, we'll he's said numerous times he wants to be a starter which he won't get here.
I understand that, but he doesn't even seem to be getting a look in at all.

Another player sold. Only a few more to go in Eriksen, Lindelof and McT. Oh and Sancho.
Would have preferred that we kept Pellestri as a youth prospect and sold Anthony instead along with Eriksen/Lindelof/McT/Sancho. Anthony's had enough chances, has Pellestri had any? I suppose he's not done enough in training to give ETH reason to play him in the first team. Getting rid of those players would help bring wages down too. Haven't heard much about Maguire or Casemiro going this summer so I guess we're keeping them.

It's far from done but it does sound like we will get Ugarte in the next week or so, either a normal transfer or a loan with obligation to buy.

The squad is starting to look a lot better.

It's far from done but it does sound like we will get Ugarte in the next week or so, either a normal transfer or a loan with obligation to buy.

The squad is starting to look a lot better.
Was just reading that. Less and less excuses for ETH to hide behind if we don’t start to perform at consistently higher level than last season.

Pellestri is 23 this year, only 2 years younger than Antony - don't think he can be classed as a 'youth prospect'
Thought Pellestri was younger and Anthony older. I just meant as one of the younger players in the first team it'd have been nice for Pellestri to have a few more chances but the Utd site says he's made 25 appearances, which is more than I thought, although some of the 25 would have been subs. Still this summer Ineos and Utd seem to be working on cleaning out the 'deadwood' of players on the edge of the first team who haven't got a clear route so best to sell them, get a few £££, save their wages and streamline the squad.

Back
Top Bottom