Summer Transfer Thread 24/25

After Gomez was left out of the Liverpool squad earlier today it was reported that he's considering his options and might be allowed to leave this summer. I'm not really sure how to feel about it to be honest.

Last season was probably his best season in 3 seasons for us. He'd started to look like he'd lost his way a bit and you couldn't see where he'd get a game again but last season he really stepped up as a more than decent utility player. He's a more than capable CB and always provided solid cover at RB but it was at LB (and even a couple of games in midfield) where he really impressed, to the point that I'd have had no issues seeing he back of Tsimikas and having Gomez as our 2nd choice LB this season. The emergence of Bradley and Slot's arrival changes that though. He's not getting a look in at RB anymore and with Slot wanting his fullbacks to really get forward, overlapping our wide players, he's no longer a viable option at LB either. Throw in the fact he's now 4th choice at CB and it's hard to see where he gets a game without major injuries and why he might want to move on.

It's mad to think he's the longest serving player at the club. You'd hope the club wouldn't stand in his way if he did want to go but if he does then we'd have to sign another CB.

Parish out pimping Marc Guehi again on talksport lol

I’m sure if any other clubs was interested they would have came out by now?

If he's not gone before summer he leaves on a free, Brentford need to get it sorted.

Agree, previously I’d have said they’d have to keep him because he can be the difference between them staying up and going down but last season they managed without him. Their problem will be who do they replace him with? Arsenal might even just wait until next season and get him for free.

Agree, previously I’d have said they’d have to keep him because he can be the difference between them staying up and going down but last season they managed without him. Their problem will be who do they replace him with? Arsenal might even just wait until next season and get him for free.
Do a swapsey with Nketiah?

(I'm joking)

Talk is an offer from Saudi has either been received or is being considered. If Toney has any ideas on breaking into the England Squad with any regularity he won't go. Sure he will be paid a lot, but it's not like going to Arsenal would see him in poverty at £120k a week or thereabouts. He's likely on £20-£30k a week at Brentford as it is. Talk online is he's demanding £250k a week to go to Manchester United too! He's delusional!

Last edited:
Talk is an offer from Saudi has either been received or is being considered. If Toney has any ideas on breaking into the England Squad with any regularity he won't go. Sure he will be paid a lot, but it's not like going to Arsenal would see him in poverty at £120k a week or thereabouts. He's likely on £20-£30k a week at Brentford as it is. Talk online is he's demanding £250k a week to go to Manchester United too! He's delusional!

Hardly when the likes of Sancho, Antony and Mount are on similar (all of which are bang average may I add)

Hardly when the likes of Sancho, Antony and Mount are on similar (all of which are bang average may I add)
Ratcliffe said early in the transfer market, if not before that United we’re looking to buy potential not ready made players, so if Ratcliffe is correct then buying Toney isn’t likely, regardless of wage demands.

Gambling is strictly illegal in Saudi, so he will need the higher wage to counterbalance his loss of Paddy Power earnings.

that was before not under ineos they wont be giving out silly contracts anymore

Fingers crossed. I imagine that it will take a few years to sort that issue out but it should be that way going forwards. We will lose some players as a result no doubt but fundamentally we aren't paying salaries that are too high, we are paying salaries that are too high for the quality of player that is on them. Our salaries are comparable to other top PL clubs. The problem is that we aren't anywhere near them in terms of player quality.

Seems to play well for the national team, surprised he can't cut it at league level.
Ten Hag clearly doesn't rate him. I saw enough from him that I wanted to see a bit more but I suspect he's short of the level that Garnacho offers and therefore not worth keeping. I think physicality may also be a reason although Antony and Amad aren't exactly imposing. Better for the lad to go and get first team football.

Back
Top Bottom