Summer Transfer Thread 24/25

We sold 7 first team players this summer (8 if Sancho is gone)

The summer before we sold 4.
The summer before that 3.
The summer before...1
And 1 the year before that too.

It's pretty clear we've done better at shifting deadwood than the previous regime. On top of that we've managed to work on more than one deal at a time AND have managed to sign more than 3 players in one window. It's early days and we'll have to see over the seasons to come how the new signings do but it's pretty clear the new regime is an improvement.

Total outs:

Alvaro Fernandez (Benfica) - Permanent
Will Fish (Cardiff City) - Permanent
Omari Forson (Monza) - Permanent
Mason Greenwood (Marseille) - Permanent
Hannibal (Burnley) - Permanent
Tom Huddlestone - Retired
Willy Kambwala (Villarreal) - Permanent
Marcus Lawrence - Released
Anthony Martial - Released
Charlie McNeill (Sheffield Wednesday) - Permanent
Scott McTominay (Napoli) - Permanent
Maxi Oyedele (Legia Warsaw) - Permanent
Facundo Pellistri (Panathinaikos) - Permanent
Kie Plumley - Released
Shola Shoretire (PAOK) - Permanent
Donny van de Beek (Girona) - Permanent
Raphael Varane (Como) - Permanent
Aaron Wan-Bissaka (West Ham) - Permanent
Brandon Williams - Released

Last edited:
Is that real? The utter disrespect for that to be a condition of a Chelsea transfer :D
I'm assuming it's a PSR trick. As I understand it obligations with no conditions go into the year the loan starts while ones with conditions go into the next year. That is why PSG keep signing players with the condition they don't get relegated (Mbappe, Ekitike)

I've never heard of that and it certainly wouldn't be the case from a technical accounting pov (whether the PL/UEFA have separate rules on this I don't know) however it has dawned on me that Chelsea are currently under investigation for dodgy deals during the Abramovich era and that's coming to a head this season. They could be genuinely concerned about a massive points deduction/relegation.

Couple of strange last day moves in sterling and sancho. Sancho in particular for 25 million is ludicrous (less than Carvalho for example), i expect the 14th place addon is due to the expected big points deduction. Sterling is a weird one, he's an upgrade on some of their attackers but still doesn't really address the lack of a 'proper' striker - its right out of the guardiola playbook tho.

Last edited:
Couple of strange last day moves in sterling and sancho. Sancho in particular for 25 million is ludicrous (less than Carvalho for example), i expect the 14th place addon is due to the expected big points deduction. Sterling is a weird one, he's an upgrade on some of their attackers but still doesn't really address the lack of a 'proper' striker - its right out of the guardiola playbook tho.

Don't think 25 million for Sancho is ludicrous unless you mean he isn't worth that , he is on very high wages till 2026 , difficult getting rid and with questionable attitude

Last edited:
Don't think 25 million for Sancho is ludicrous unless you mean he isn't worth that , he is on very high wages till 2026 , difficult getting rid and with questionable attitude
Even with the wages I would have though you could stick another 5-10 on that. I remember when folks were discussing him in pre season and non man utd fans thought you could get 35ish for him (as opposed to some of yours saying 50).

I think you'll regret getting rid of McTominay, scored some very important goals for you last season off the bench, can't see where you've replaced that.

I think you'll regret getting rid of McTominay, scored some very important goals for you last season off the bench, can't see where you've replaced that.

The untested Zirkzee, I guess.

I sort of agree though, United don't have many major goal threats, Rasmus (injury prone?) and Garnacho?

Last edited:
Even with the wages I would have though you could stick another 5-10 on that. I remember when folks were discussing him in pre season and non man utd fans thought you could get 35ish for him (as opposed to some of yours saying 50).

I recall Arsenal doing the same thing getting players out taking a loss , really no point keeping Sancho it's difficult to bargain when you have player with years on contract left on massive wages, McTominay would I have been happy to keep as backup on low wage never good enough to be starter but happy how ineos are going about business so far

Last edited:
I recall Arsenal doing the same thing getting players out taking a loss , really no point keeping Sancho it's difficult to bargain when you have player with years on contract left on massive wages, McTominay would I have been happy to keep as backup on low wage never good enough to be starter but happy how ineos are going about business so far
Indeed.

I hope McSauce smashes it in Napoli!

I liked McSauce but he was a bang average footballer. Teams that aspire to compete for titles don't carry players like that even if they chip in the odd goal. The club did a nice video for him leaving which seems appropriate. I also hope he does well but I'm glad I won't be watching him week in week out at United. Whether he's been replaced or not is academic his only role was to get in the box late in matches and head ball out of our box.

Back
Top Bottom