Summer Transfer Thread 24/25

I'm not taking about 22/23 , go back more and show me the difference in transfer paid and wages
19/20 - Liverpool £324m to Utd's £284m. 18/19 - Liverpool's £310m to Utd's £332m. Broadly speaking Liverpool have been spending as much as Utd on wages for the last 7/8 years. I'm not too sure that it changes the point I was making though. Any side spending big on wages will struggle to shift players that don't work out.

In fact you highlighting how much Utd have wasted is my point. Until that changes you'll struggle to sell well because nobody is buying unsuccessful players on big contracts. If Chiesa doesn't work out for Liverpool, we'll almost certainly be paying him off or he'll be sat at the club until his contract is up. That's just how these things work.

19/20 - Liverpool £324m to Utd's £284m. 18/19 - Liverpool's £310m to Utd's £332m. Broadly speaking Liverpool have been spending as much as Utd on wages for the last 7/8 years. I'm not too sure that it changes the point I was making though. Any side spending big on wages will struggle to shift players that don't work out.

In fact you highlighting how much Utd have wasted is my point. Until that changes you'll struggle to sell well because nobody is buying unsuccessful players on big contracts. If Chiesa doesn't work out for Liverpool, we'll almost certainly be paying him off or he'll be sat at the club until his contract is up. That's just how these things work.

That's why the optimism is because now with ineos and with proper football people doing deals

Chiesa was £10m that's a small risk for big reward, unlike United's dealings of the past

Anyway I'll stop here time will tell , it's not quick fix

That's why the optimism is because now with ineos and with proper football people doing deals

Chiesa was £10m that's a small risk for big reward, unlike United's dealings of the past

Anyway I'll stop here time will tell , it's not quick fix
As I said earlier, I accept that they've employed football people to run the football side of the club. Whether that results in improvements, only time will tell.

350k a week for Toney, dont think any premier side would have offered him that
Absolutely. As a Brentford supporter it's a weird moment given how integral we were to his career and he was to our success.

He's an exceptionally talented and intelligent footballer. For £40m there will be a few sides who could have done with him leading the line this season, but he's also a complicated character and that can put teams off a player sometimes.

At £40m he's probably cost us £30m from that betting ban, but also cost himself a top flight career at the same time.

It's a shame for the Premier League that he won't be playing in it - I always want to see the best and/or most entertaining players play in this league. That said, he'll be 31 when that £55m (tax free?) contract ends and would still improve/add depth to most Premier League sides if he retains his ability.

Last edited:
Sterling to Arsenal done, straight loan. Worthwhile I think.

Just waiting for Sancho to Chelsea to be sorted, loan with obligation to buy for £25m~

Just read that Sterling is 19th in the all time PL goalscorers list, and 20th for assists. Regardless of what you think of him, that's some record for someone not yet 30

Back
Top Bottom