Summer Transfer Window 2017/18 - Rumours & Signings

60 mil for a gk? How much do you realistically think you would get for him ?

Given the current state of the transfer market and the fact we don't need the money at all, if he pushed to leave I'd want as much as possible, obviously, but £75m+ I suppose?

City are paying £35m for a comparative prospect of a goalkeeper.

Whether he's worth it or not, Real had the chance to sign him 2 years ago for half the amount but ultimately they weren't willing to pay that amount. I said it that summer, Real will spend massive money but when they do they spend it on glamour signings - unless something big has changed then I'd be surprised if they've bid this much.

Real gonna Real but they've had tremendous success this season by shying away from signing any new galacatios and giving their young'uns a run out in the league. I'd still be surprised if Perez didn't want to bring in a couple big names but £60m is crazy.

£35m and James will do the trick. Don't see him in a Mourinho side but Jorge won't care.

If we do sell De Gea I think we'll stick with Romero rather than rushing to find a replacement. Only one rumoured is Oblak and he'd cost a mint if Atletico weren't willing to sell.

You confuse the life out of me Frank. What does the post in between matter unless all you were saying is Utd wouldn't pay was his goal bonus - which makes no sense? To anybody with an ounce of sense your post reads as if Utd won't pay Zlatan the astronomical wages he's on next season, which is what I initially joked about.

And what makes you say it's fictional? As I heard one journo say when these figures became public, what normally happens when these sort of leaks come out is that people get sued if the details are wrong and nobody is getting sued about this.
Because that post directly quotes you and states 3m Ontop of what you stated, which was already 4m or so higher a year than rooney - now possibly he's on a similar amount after bonuses etc etc but even then it seems incredibly high even for Ibra on a free.

So yes it was relevant

2ndly if everyone sued about inaccurate wages every club in the Pl would be forever in court with the amount of articles written about most players
Eg everyone was convinced last summer pogba was on 300k / week, yet suddenly a few weeks ago he was on 190k/w + large bonuses and a golden handshake if he completes the deal - either way it's not remotely the same thing.

No one knows at all until figures are published but doesn't stop them guessing.....and most of them are pure guesses.

It's in reference to both what he has been paid up to this point and also how unlikely he will get the same amount next season until he had proved his fitness ( M.E.N has already bought up the possibility of a pay as he plays contract which seems reasonable given the long-ish term nature seriousness of that particular injury)

Just because you seem to want to argue about every little detail doesn't make your view automatically correct - only one possibility

It could also said that the specific amount itself in your original post is statement of fact not a joke

Last edited:
Because that post directly quotes you and states 3m Ontop of what you stated, which was already 4m or so higher a year than rooney - now possibly he's on a similar amount after bonuses etc etc but even then it seems incredibly high even for Ibra on a free.

So yes it was relevant

2ndly if everyone sued about inaccurate wages every club in the Pl would be forever in court with the amount of articles written about most players
Eg everyone was convinced last summer pogba was on 300k / week, yet suddenly a few weeks ago he was on 190k/w + large bonuses and a golden handshake if he completes the deal - either way it's not remotely the same thing.

No one knows at all until figures are published but doesn't stop them guessing.....and most of them are pure guesses.

It's in reference to both what he has been paid up to this point and also how unlikely he will get the same amount next season until he had proved his fitness ( M.E.N has already bought up the possibility of a pay as he plays contract which seems reasonable given the long-ish term nature seriousness of that particular injury)

Just because you seem to want to argue about every little detail doesn't make your view automatically correct - only one possibility

I'll say it again, you confuse the life out of me Frank. Ok, somebody quoted me and added on the goal bonus figure - what the absolute **** were you talking about when you asked the following then :confused:

You didn't notice the post inbetween referencing the 3m goal bonus ontop of your fictional wage then?

It's almost as if we're having completely different conversations because I haven't a ****ing clue what that's meant to mean and how it has any relevance to what I said.

Again so it's clear and you don't get confused any more, when I said I'd play for Utd for £370k per week, it was a **** take. I know full well that Utd won't offer him that sort of deal for next season now that he's going to be injured for most of it.

And there's one thing a newspaper speculating what somebody might be earning and somebody actually publishing details of what's in a contract. Since these figures have come out, nobody has disputed them which leads me to think they can't be too wrong.
It could also said that the specific amount itself in your original post is statement of fact not a joke
Are you drunk Frank? I'm not even joking, I really do not have a clue what you're talking about.

I made an off the cuff joke about Zlatan being happy to stay for a **** load of money and you've lost the plot.

It's not up to Atletico. We'll likely be meeting his release clause anyway. It's whether he'll be happy leaving them knowing they can't register a replacement until January.

Spanish buyout clauses and shirt sales paying a players transfer fee - every transfer window! Utd can offer the figure in his clause but it's will not force Atletico to sell. The only way that clause is enforceable is if the player himself pays the money to the club.

edit: I should just say, this assumes he doesn't have an additional separate clause in his deal and we're talking about the clause that all La Liga players must have in their contracts.

Have you got the original source for that? First I've heard of that and would be interested to see the capital gain implications - it makes it a lot cheaper to force a club to sell but would still require the player to make the payment. The other issue would be any buying club would have to pay the full fee in one lump sum which typically doesn't happen.

James Ducker on the Griezmann/Atletico situation:

Regarding Atletico transfer ban being upheld, they're powerless to stop Griezmann going if release clause is triggered and he wants to go

Agree with those sugggesting process may be complicated tho: Atletico wanting most/all of release clause upfront, appeals to Griezmann etc

On flip side, Griezmann has spoken publicly about his desire/the need for Atletico to strengthen this summer. They can't do that now

Ordinarily, if #mufc - for eg - signed a player for €100m on a 5yr deal, they'd spread the cost over lifetime of contract. So €20m per year

That'd be different with Griezmann if Atletico wanted a big chunk upfront but don't know what terms they'd demand/if any rules in place

When United agreed to sell Ronaldo to Real in 2009, one stipulation was Real paying the £80m fee upfront

And Balague:

MUFC willing to pay €100m of Griezmann's buyout clause (no taxes on top as tax law changed). So far he has NOT asked club to leave

Not sure what to think. Logically, Atletico will be far weaker without him and now can't buy a replacement, so you'd think they'd be resistant to selling him. But €100m is a decent amount, especially upfront.

Even if Griezmann were to stay, as they can't strengthen, I think Atletico will be weaker next season, especially in La Liga and the Champions League. So he most likely won't be happy with that.

So, hopefully there's a way to buy him via some sort of release clause system, however that works now...

Ducker's now reporting that Utd aren't after Griezmann now and want a replacement for Zlatan instead. Kane, Lukaku or Morata?

Just seen that, interesting really. If Griezmann is available then you'd think we could find a place for him in the front 4, but maybe he's not.

We've been linked quite a bit to Morata recently, he'd probably be cheaper than Kane or Lukaku, but Real Madrid probably won't sell him to us if we don't sell them De Gea, so...

Back
Top Bottom