Summer Transfer Window 2017/18 - Rumours & Signings

Reports tonight that Liverpool have had a £28m bid for Salah rejected with Roma wanting closer to £40m. Yes, the same Salah that Liverpool could have signed for £12m 3 years ago :o

Reports tonight that Liverpool have had a £28m bid for Salah rejected with Roma wanting closer to £40m. Yes, the same Salah that Liverpool could have signed for £12m 3 years ago :o

Whats more, when he picked Chelsea over us back then it was because we didnt offer champions league football, now we do he would come?? I thought that was precisely the sort of player Klopp didnt want.

From memory that wasn't the case. He was set to join us, gave interviews saying as much but we simply didn't agree a fee with Basel and then Chelsea stepped in and signed him.

From memory that wasn't the case. He was set to join us, gave interviews saying as much but we simply didn't agree a fee with Basel and then Chelsea stepped in and signed him.

Could be, and would highlight what I said earlier in the thread about us repeatedly missing out on players that we want in transfer windows because we have a history of not acting fast enough or trying to haggle too much over price being a cause of my pessimism when it comes to us and signings in transfer windows.

Could be, and would highlight what I said earlier in the thread about us repeatedly missing out on players that we want in transfer windows because we have a history of not acting fast enough or trying to haggle too much over price being a cause of my pessimism when it comes to us and signings in transfer windows.
That's because supporters want everything. They will complain when a club charges too much for tickets but then expect the club to spend beyond it's means to sign a player and if they do pay whatever it takes to sign a player and he doesn't work out, they complain that the club overpaid too.

Everything is easy with hindsight. For every Salah there's another player the club refused to pay 'that extra £2m' that turned out rubbish. We haven't got a bottomless pit of money and if they club paid over what they thought every player they targeted was worth then we'd go bust.

According to Twitter we have agreed terms and salah agent is on way over to UK as we have also agreed to be fee off 40m euro for him. I always thought he was a good player.

But is ironic that if true could have got him for under 20m years ago

According to Twitter we have agreed terms and salah agent is on way over to UK as we have also agreed to be fee off 40m euro for him. I always thought he was a good player.

But is ironic that if true could have got him for under 20m years ago

Ai we could but oh well, it happens. I haven't seen a lot of him since he moved to Italy but people are raving about his time over there, not sure if anyone here can fill me in a bit better ?

What I do know is that he's lightning quick...we needed pace badly so this fits.

Has scored and assited allot 15 goals and 9 assist i think also only missed 3 games so seems to avoid injury. If we get him and van dijk would be great

Reports in France say Arsenal have made a 100m euro bid for Mbappe apparently. He'll have his pick of clubs I suppose and that sounds like a lot of our budget but if true then at least we are having a go.

Reports in France say Arsenal have made a 100m euro bid for Mbappe apparently. He'll have his pick of clubs I suppose and that sounds like a lot of our budget but if true then at least we are having a go.
It's not true, just the standard rubbish from so called football journo's or the ITK's.

Wenger will never bid that much on one player, he never has in the past when he has had the chance to and I don't see him doing it now.

But on the other hand, who knows maybe this season has finally broken him in that he has decided that he needs to buy truly world class players and not some wanna be no name player. Although that Nigerian youngster Henry whatshisname has been signed iirc.

Back
Top Bottom