Summer Transfer Window 2017/18 - Rumours & Signings

Caporegime
I'd happily have him at Liverpool (for a reasonable price and not for 180k a week mind you)

You can have him, we will take Countinho off you at the same time lol.

He wants to go Chelsea, not sure where he would fit into their squad though.

How much is he worth? Because eg. if you got him on a Bosman and paid him £120k, but then gave him say £15m as a signing on fee because you don't have to pay any club a fee (and no compo because of his age) that's an effective salary over a five year period of £180k/week.

Yep pretty much this

Associate
well balls in coutinho's court now. wonder if he'll throw all the toys out the pram and sakho himself or man up and play. I mean sakho is paid £100k a week and cost 18m and klopp refuses to play him or sell him for less than 30m. coutinho is only on 150k and cost us less, yeah he's worth tonnes more but if he wont play then screw him, let him sit on his arse until he breaks.

Don
OP
All the talk before the season ended was that VvD agreed to join us subject to us making the CL. Why would he join Arsenal?
well balls in coutinho's court now. wonder if he'll throw all the toys out the pram and sakho himself or man up and play. I mean sakho is paid £100k a week and cost 18m and klopp refuses to play him or sell him for less than 30m. coutinho is only on 150k and cost us less, yeah he's worth tonnes more but if he wont play then screw him, let him sit on his arse until he breaks.

He'll go away with Brazil, get a few minutes under his belt and be back in training. Assuming Barca don't offer us £150m of course.

Associate
All the talk before the season ended was that VvD agreed to join us subject to us making the CL. Why would he join Arsenal?

He'll go away with Brazil, get a few minutes under his belt and be back in training. Assuming Barca don't offer us £150m of course.
well that's what he should do, you would hope some time away will let him clear his head a bit

Don
you may have been better in recent years but in no world are you a bigger club, just look at TV viewing figures for each team, Man U and Liverpool are a mile ahead of the other teams

Associate
obvious trolling aside heres why.

if he goes to arsenal what formation is he playing in? 3 at the back or 4, wenger probably doesn't even know long term. what manager is he playing under long term? wengers half out the door as it is. Who does he play with? half the arsenal team are already lined up at the door. and yeah no champions league and a betting man wouldn't bet on them finishing top 4 this year either. Arsenal are in a make or break season, why would he want to gamble?

Don
OP
Simple. Arsenal are a bigger and better club.

Yes we are not in the CL this time the first time in twenty something years, big deal. We will be back in CL next season.

When did Liverpool last win the premiership?
I'm not sure the 'when did you last win the PL' line works when you've not won it yourself for 13 years :p

And as I said, CL was his motivation. Arsenal aren't in it and if he wants to play in it you'd assume he'd want to have a go at winning it too and my local pub side has more chance of ever winning the CL as Arsenal do.

Soldato
Arsenal offered Ox £180k per week and he rejects it. I wish they would just get rid of these players.

Ox has only been fit for fifty percent of his career. He has promise but often runs into trouble after a good move, his final ball really let's him down. £40m, take it and play someone that cares about the club.

Caporegime
Arsenal offered Ox £180k per week and he rejects it. I wish they would just get rid of these players.

Ox has only been fit for fifty percent of his career. He has promise but often runs into trouble after a good move, his final ball really let's him down. £40m, take it and play someone that cares about the club.

I say good for him as he knows at Arsenal he might not be first choice and wants to be. he wants to play and knows there's no real difference between £100k a week and £180k a week when you're at this level. He can likely go somewhere else, get £100k a week easily, if not more and play every week.

Soldato
I say good for him as he knows at Arsenal he might not be first choice and wants to be. he wants to play and knows there's no real difference between £100k a week and £180k a week when you're at this level. He can likely go somewhere else, get £100k a week easily, if not more and play every week.

He has played every game so far. Seems a regular if fit.

Soldato
Don't get the Ox hate, he is still young but part of the problem is Wenger, he plays him everywhere is it a surprise he can't nail a role down? Jack of all trades Master of none so to speak.

If anything ox will imo likely improve under a different coach at this point.

Back
Top Bottom