Summer Transfer Window 2017/18 - Rumours & Signings

Don
OP
Nobody has mentioned it, I wouldn't be surprised if it's more than peanuts, even if he's not playing at the moment.

He's 4 months into recovery, and it usually takes about 8. I think he's ahead of schedule though, he was doing roundhouse kicks on a boxing bag a couple of weeks ago. :p
It doesn't make much sense to pay him anything meaningful right now though. He's not going to play for 3-4 months at the very least and as a free agent he can be signed outside the transfer window. The only reason for signing him right now would be to prevent any other sides getting him but I can't see there being a big line of clubs wanting a player at his age, currently out with a serious injury, let alone being willing to pay him more than a token gesture wage.

I'd imagine his wage is heavily performance/fitness related. He might be getting a minimal basic wage but he'll get a bonus for every game that he's fit for and then a further bonus for appearances.

Man of Honour
Barca have signed Ousmane Dembele for £110m~, that will be instead of Coutinho then. Not official yet, but sounds like a formality.

Edit: Price could actually be €120m rising to €150m!

Don
OP
They've signed him and Coutinho every day for the past 3 weeks so I'll wait for Dortmund to say anything before I believe anything.

Don
OP
Well, there's value in securing him for Manyoo and to stop him signing for any rival.
Yes, I mentioned that in my next post but just how many clubs will be lining up to sign a striker of his age, currently recovering from a very serious injury and pay him a significant wage?

The fact that Utd have signed him now is for the very reason you mentioned but I can't imagine they (or anybody else) would have paid him a significant amount until he's fit enough to play.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Seems we sold Toral. Last I checked he showed promise. Was a bit surprised.

Also whatever happened to Zelalem? Not heard much about him and he showed promise also a few years ago.

Caporegime
So I've heard we have offered Ox £180k a week:eek: 180k a week for doing what?? Being absolute ****?? Lol :p.

Don't think that's true the 180k a week but he hasn't agreed to anything.

Just sell him, he obviously thinks he's worth a lot more than what he is being offered at the moment.

I don't think he will be a big miss if we sell him, he hasn't impressed me much since he's come from Soton.

Man of Honour
So I've heard we have offered Ox £180k a week:eek: 180k a week for doing what?? Being absolute ****?? Lol :p.

Don't think that's true the 180k a week but he hasn't agreed to anything.

Just sell him, he obviously thinks he's worth a lot more than what he is being offered at the moment.

I don't think he will be a big miss if we sell him, he hasn't impressed me much since he's come from Soton.

I'd happily have him at Liverpool (for a reasonable price and not for 180k a week mind you)

Soldato
So why didn't you say there would be 100s of League winners that would disagree? You have some weird logic Frank.
Thats just plain stupid

I didnt say every league winner would be better, and whats more I didnt even imply it (but thats never stopped you from completely twisting a meaning - surprise surprise)

Thats doesnt mean that the Invincibles or the treble winners didnt have a better season, and therefore a better EPL than a single player who didnt win anything (after all its a TEAM game, an individual accolade count for squat).

but i wouldn't take the view that a single player hasn't individually had a fantastic season

never disputed that , only the "if not the best ever" was the highly amusing part

Soldato
Rumours on Twitter we agreed a fee for dijk? 75m I tried to find the source tweet but seems to stem from mick quin via talksport? Claiming medical Monday.

I myself won't trust anything in regards to dijk as I'm convinced we will not get him

Man of Honour
Rumours on Twitter we agreed a fee for dijk? 75m I tried to find the source tweet but seems to stem from mick quin via talksport? Claiming medical Monday.

I myself won't trust anything in regards to dijk as I'm convinced we will not get him

If its true, then its a beautiful Bank Holiday present :D

Don
OP
Thats just plain stupid

I didnt say every league winner would be better, and whats more I didnt even imply it (but thats never stopped you from completely twisting a meaning - surprise surprise)

Thats doesnt mean that the Invincibles or the treble winners didnt have a better season, and therefore a better EPL than a single player who didnt win anything (after all its a TEAM game, an individual accolade count for squat).

never disputed that , only the "if not the best ever" was the highly amusing part

You didn't say x or y had a better season you said the treble winners would disagree. What was the reason for mentioning treble winners if you weren't suggesting that because they won the league they were therefore better? Again, you have the weirdest logic ever Frank.

And yes, I know it's a team game - that would explain why an individual could have a far better season in a team that finishes 10th than an individual in a team that wins the league by 25 points.

Back
Top Bottom