Summer Transfer Window 2017/18 - Rumours & Signings

Caporegime
If we get him then I'd imagine Lemar is not happening for us.
Probably but I can't see anyone getting Lemar unless they bid a stupid amount. Even if you don't get Ox I still don't see you getting Lemar either. But with the way this transfer window has been going. I'm no longer surprised by anything now.

Looks like Gibbs has signed for West Brom now.

Soldato
Gibbs had too much competition at Arsenal and never had a chance of playing with Wengers choices.

Wenger has got too many favourites and seems to have lost the plot. Playing our RB at LB, our LB as CB...

I never thought he would leave willingly but I didn't think it would get this bad. A new manager in now and you might resign a few of the players if lucky.

Or what is more likely, we hang onto the players, they leave for nothing and the next manager has £100m odd less to play with.

Man of Honour
For the right price, I'm still happy to have the Ox at Liverpool. I know he has his detractors but at 24 I still think there is a good footballer in him, just needs someone to bring it out of him.

Caporegime
Better than him accepting the rumoured £180k per week we offered lol

Sell Ox to whoever thinks they are getting a bargain and pay Sanchez £400k to stay . Win win.
lol I don't think Sanchez would stay even if we offered him a mill a week lol. He obviously doesn't see a future at Arsenal with titles and CL trophies.

I'm glad Ox turned the £180k a week, if true from us. He is no way worth that, if anything maybe £100k max but £180k a week...he can go do one.

Man of Honour
lol I don't think Sanchez would stay even if we offered him a mill a week lol. He obviously doesn't see a future at Arsenal with titles and CL trophies.

I'm glad Ox turned the £180k a week, if true from us. He is no way worth that, if anything maybe £100k max but £180k a week...he can go do one.

I dont think Ox turned down the 180k because he didnt think it was enough, I think its more that, like Sanchez, he just doesnt want to be at Arsenal and thats why he turned down the improved contract offer.

Don
OP
It's been reported for months that Ox wanted to play in midfield and that was his primary reason for not signing (and seemingly turning down Chelsea). Liverpool aren't going to pay him much more (if any more at all) than either Arsenal or Chelsea have offered him but he won't be playing as a wing back for us, he'll be playing in midfield.

Anyway, all the journo's that follow Liverpool are reporting that we're in talks with Arsenal now so you've got to assume either Lemar isn't happening or Coutinho's off.

Man of Honour
Anyway, all the journo's that follow Liverpool are reporting that we're in talks with Arsenal now so you've got to assume either Lemar isn't happening or Coutinho's off.

I cant see the Lemar deal happening but I could see Coutinho happening (at the 11th hour) , equally I could see the VvD deal happening (at the 11th hour again)

Caporegime
Hmmm who knows, maybe is getting rid of Ox is a smokescreen to get Lemar lol. I would love it if that happened but chances of that happening are slim to none.

Unless Wenger has some master plan up his sleeve to get both Ox and Sanchez replaced at the last minute with some truly epic players.

Ahhh one can but dream I suppose :cool:

Soldato
Hmmm who knows, maybe is getting rid of Ox is a smokescreen to get Lemar lol. I would love it if that happened but chances of that happening are slim to none.

Unless Wenger has some master plan up his sleeve to get both Ox and Sanchez replaced at the last minute with some truly epic players.

Ahhh one can but dream I suppose :cool:

If we sell them and don't get anyone in... How on earth are we going to compete?

There's at least 6 clubs who are going to finish above us as it is.

Back
Top Bottom