Summer Transfer Window 2017/18 - Rumours & Signings

Caporegime
Oh another rumour is that majority of our players want Sanchez sold lololol.

So if we sell him then are any of the other Arsenal players going to step up and take his place as in goals, assists and changing games??

Caporegime
Oh another rumour is that majority of our players want Sanchez sold lololol.

So if we sell him then are any of the other Arsenal players going to step up and take his place as in goals, assists and changing games??

Of course they do. he's making them all look bad with his work rate.

Caporegime
Then they should get their heads out of their damned arses and show the same sort of fight Sanchez has when he steps on the pitch.
I agree, but they all know that they'll still be getting paid every week and it doesn't really matter how badly they play, they'll still get picked because Arsenal have no other options available to them. Like Henry said on MOTD, they're all comfortable. Too comfortable. I wonder if Arsenal will even finish in the top half of the table.

Caporegime
I agree, but they all know that they'll still be getting paid every week and it doesn't really matter how badly they play, they'll still get picked because Arsenal have no other options available to them. Like Henry said on MOTD, they're all comfortable. Too comfortable. I wonder if Arsenal will even finish in the top half of the table.
And that's all down to Wenger not being cutthroat enough to drop and sell our rubbish players.

I actually feel sorry for Sanchez that he puts up with this pathetic team of ours.

As much as it pains me to say it, I do hope we finish in the bottom half of the table this season. If only to prove to people that enough is enough and major changes need to happen from the top to the bottom.

The other thing that grates me immensely is that every damn summer we leave things to the last minute. I mean selling Mustafi but not having anyone to replace him, ok we are being linked with Evans at West Brom but seriously we should be aiming higher. Lemar we were heavily linked with and that's now fallen through, Liverpool now making big bids for him and may even get him.

Also looks like Gibbs is off to West Brom now, Ox off to Chelsea etc etc. I'm not too bothered about losing the pair of them in all honesty.

It's all too depressing now.

Don
OP
A little summary of Liverpool's transfer dealings. We're reportedly still negotiating for Lemar although time is against us, Ox is our back-up option, he's stalling on the Chelsea move because he wants to play for a big club, we want VvD but will only bid if Southampton give us the green light, Sakho deal isn't done despite earlier reports (Palace supposedly offered £22m rising to £25m but we want £30m), Markovic is likely to be off one way or another and Liverpool based jouno's are still reporting that Coutinho isn't being sold.

edit: Ox is no longer stalling on the Chelsea deal, it's now being reported that he's rejected the move and wants to join Liverpool. I guess that means Lemar isn't happening - there just isn't any justice in this world.

Last edited:
Caporegime
[QUOTE="BaZ87]

edit: Ox is no longer stalling on the Chelsea deal, it's now being reported that he's rejected the move and wants to join Liverpool. I guess that means Lemar isn't happening - there just isn't any justice in this world.[/QUOTE]

Yep read the same thing, due to Conte probably playing Ox at RWB and he wants the CM role. Liverpool haven't bid for Ox from what I've been reading, and not only that is Klopp going to shove any of your CM players out for Ox??

Man of Honour
Just saw the Ox has rejected Chelsea and wants Liverpool. :p

There are some very weak murmurs that Mourinho wants Mahrez, but I can't see anything happening now really.

Soldato
Just saw the Ox has rejected Chelsea and wants Liverpool. :p

There are some very weak murmurs that Mourinho wants Mahrez, but I can't see anything happening now really.
Probably realises that he won't get in the team at Chelski and has a better chance at Liverpool of first team. Bit of a sideways step but as Liverpool look likely to sell their best player he probably rates his chances higher.

Don
OP
He wants to join a big club and play in midfield, not as a wing back.
Yep read the same thing, due to Conte probably playing Ox at RWB and he wants the CM role. Liverpool haven't bid for Ox from what I've been reading, and not only that is Klopp going to shove any of your CM players out for Ox??

He wouldn't be first name on the team sheet if that's what you're asking but we need and certainly have room for another midfielder in our squad. With Lallana out we've only got 5 senior midfielders for 3 roles and the fact that he can play wide too is helpful.

Don
OP
Can't say I'm keen on Chamberlain. Especially not for £40m

Reportedly any bid from us will be for less than that with Ox being willing to run his contract down if we can't negotiate a deal. At the end of last season I said that I didn't mind the idea of signing Ox but the price (£35m+) was too high - given the way fees have gone through the roof over the last 2 months, £35-40m doesn't seem quite as much any more.

I know he's not lived up to his potential yet but the ability is there and more importantly, his attributes are suited to playing in our 3 man midfield. I look at him and see a lot of similarities to Lallana from a year or so ago - a year ago nobody every considered Lallana as a central midfielder but in the system we play he looks a natural and I get the feeling Ox would too. He's got the energy to play our pressing game, he's comfortable playing in tight areas and like Lallana, he's somebody that can run with the ball through midfield too. The fact that he can also play wide is more than useful too. Assuming Coutinho stays, a signing like Ox gives us so much flexibility as to where we play Coutinho in any given game - if you want to play Coutinho in midfield but Salah or Mane are injured, Ox plays wide and Coutinho can play in midfield and equally if you wanted to play him in the front 3 but Lallana & Can are out, Ox plays in midfield and you can play Coutinho in the front 3.

Back
Top Bottom