Summer Transfer Window 2017/18 - Rumours & Signings

Soldato
The other big issue at Arsenal is we have no system.

We had our old system until we got battered by Bayern last season. We then went through what we are currently going through and Wenger decided to change to three at the back. It worked for a short while.

But something has happened behind the scenes over the summer. Now the players cant be bothered, they've completely forgotten how to play the new system and so basically we have nothing at the moment.

The sort of form we are in can get you relegated.

---

Was reading a report by a prominent journalist saying he doesn't think there will be any incomings at Arsenal before the window close. :o

Soldato
he thinks he's going to be a regular first team pick though
Klopp would have told him no guarantee like he has with all our players, klopp has in his career improved players, that might of been the draw for ox not solely just being a starter.

It was nice to see ox turn down money as arsenal and Chelsea can pay more wages than us too.

Few other people now saying Lemar is getting closer etc, very surprised if we pull it off

Caporegime
The other big issue at Arsenal is we have no system.

We had our old system until we got battered by Bayern last season. We then went through what we are currently going through and Wenger decided to change to three at the back. It worked for a short while.

But something has happened behind the scenes over the summer. Now the players cant be bothered, they've completely forgotten how to play the new system and so basically we have nothing at the moment.

The sort of form we are in can get you relegated.
Well to be honest, playing Montreal as a cb in a backline of 3 isn't going to help matters much.

Point is Wenger is again ******* around with playing certain players in positions they shouldn't be playing in. The day he stops doing that **** is the day maybe things will take a turn for the better.

Don
OP
Desperate times at Arsenal when players are accepting considerably less money to leave the club.
he thinks he's going to be a regular first team pick though
I don't believe for one moment that he'd have been told or believe that. His versatility and the amount of games we're going to play will mean he'll play more than his fair share of games, particularly with Lallana out for another couple of months but the key appears to have been the position. He wants to play central midfield and that wasn't happening at Arsenal (or Chelsea) and although I'm sure he'll play games in different positions for us, primarily he'll be seen as a midfield option.

Man of Honour
David Ornstein‏ @bbcsport_david
Arsenal have no plans to replace AOC & no money for major signings, but only way Sanchez leaves is if #AFC get massive money & replacement

No money? They just got £40m for the Ox...

Desperate times at Arsenal when players are accepting considerably less money to leave the club.

Sinking ship... really not good for Arsenal.

Soldato
Arsenal fans would have to protest more, even without us buying ox money is there at the club, I thought they may go back to Lemar with the money they gained from us but then I remembered Wenger would rather struggle through.

As much as owners get all the blame Wenger deserves his fair share of it.

Caporegime
Embarrassing really for Arsenal as their rivals Tottenham are strengthening!!
By buying who?? Aurier?? He's not that great tbh.

But the squad they have now is better than what we have at the moment I would say.

I do wonder if City come back with a £70mill offer for Sanchez, will Wenger take it??

Either way we are in deep trouble if we don't buy anymore players.

Soldato
No money? They just got £40m for the Ox...

Sinking ship... really not good for Arsenal.

Selling a player for £40m who has struggled to hold down a starting place at Arsenal is hardly anything to panic over. In the last game he had clearly given up, hardly the type I would want to keep. I'm just glad he didn't sign for the reported £180k a week, now that would be depressing lol

Soldato
Its good news for us, it wasnt that long ago that players would turn us down to sign for someone else in the "big" 6. Now at least there is desire to choose us. Perhaps there is a view that Klopp is really building something that could go places.
Or reality is that he didn't think he would get into the starting eleven were as he thinks he will at Liverpool. It's not bigger or better he wanted, it was game time in the middle.

Back
Top Bottom