Summer Transfer Window 2017/18 - Rumours & Signings

Soldato
Selling a player for £40m who has struggled to hold down a starting place at Arsenal is hardly anything to panic over. In the last game he had clearly given up, hardly the type I would want to keep. I'm just glad he didn't sign for the reported £180k a week, now that would be depressing lol
I totallly agree with your point - but can the current squad actually cope with the number of games arsenal are going to be in this season - even if they exit the cups at the 1st game and Europa at the group thats 43 games

Ox may not be brilliant (and I dont think he is worth anything like £40m even at todays crazy prices) but he would have saved a.n.other(s) legs by being sub in games and starter in others where that is now no longer an option

If Arsenal arent hammered by disbelief / dis interest in games, they are going to pay for it by over use of the same players for every game or by inexperience

I also cant see anyone major arriving even for massively over the odds money.

Klopp so far has made a career out of taking average players and making them perform above and beyond.

Pity his record in finals is still ropey

edit

that r5L clip suggests Ox would earn more IF / Once Arsenal returned to CL.....ok as far as it goes
- Liverpool could still be paying / offering more now (ie a static base rate for CL club that doesnt change over the deal, vs a rising rate if Arsenal return to CL)?

so he could still be earning more at Liverpool right now than he would be at Arsenal right now?

( I dont really care either way, just suggesting its possible he may be on better money at Liverpool for the current season)

Last edited:
Soldato
I totallly agree with your point - but can the current squad actually cope with the number of games arsenal are going to be in this season - even if they exit the cups at the 1st game and Europa at the group thats 43 games

Ox may not be brilliant (and I dont think he is worth anything like £40m even at todays crazy prices) but he would have saved a.n.other(s) legs by being sub in games and starter in others where that is now no longer an option

If Arsenal arent hammered by disbelief / dis interest in games, they are going to pay for it by over use of the same players for every game or by inexperience

I also cant see anyone major arriving even for massively over the odds money.

Pity his record in finals is still ropey

We have too many players if anything. I would not say they are the greatest but it might give a player the opportunity to get back into wengers favourites. I would settle for at least playing well at the moment.

Ox has promise and might do better with a change but I wouldn't have jumped with joy if we retained him. But to get £40m for him in his last year is good business.

I hope we cash in on Sanchez and ozil whilst we can, having them leave for nothing would not be a great piece of business, if I am honest then I can't see us winning anything so might as well cash in. If we had won all our games and playing well, then I would risk holding on but it doesn't look like our year...Again...

Don
OP
that r5L clip suggests Ox would earn more IF / Once Arsenal returned to CL.....ok as far as it goes
- Liverpool could still be paying / offering more now (ie a static base rate for CL club that doesnt change over the deal, vs a rising rate if Arsenal return to CL)?

so he could still be earning more at Liverpool right now than he would be at Arsenal right now?

( I dont really care either way, just suggesting its possible he may be on better money at Liverpool for the current season)
How is it possible Frank? They clearly say that (according to Ox's reps anyway) had he accepted Arsenal's offer, which would have been with Arsenal not in the CL, he'd have been earning more than at Liverpool. They didn't say that he'd be earning more if Arsenal get back into the CL, when his wage would rise even further.

The only thing you can read from that, assuming the info is accurate of course, is that even without CL football Arsenal are willing to pay him more than Liverpool (while in the CL) and they'd be paying him even more in the eventuality that they qualify for the CL again.

Soldato
No, I don't go on RAWK. I opened twitter and it's full of people tracking a private jet from Liverpool to Paris - they're convincing themselves it's Liverpool's medical team flying out for Lemar's medical.
Ah well that has been on twitter all day, some one claimed we have team on stand by for Lemar, nothing ever came of the van though poor sods lol

Soldato
Absolute rubbish he's spouting off, makes me laugh these so called experts.

As I said above, we have plenty of money to spend...the problem is Wenger and the board not wanting to spend that money.

Ornstein is probably the most reliable reporter in the business when it comes to Arsenal.

Although this is massively contradictory as he was also the mouthpiece for the £150m net spend promise made on the 1st of July, we now have a negative net spend and we have no money for major signings?

I'm bored of this club, seriously, I'm just sick of it all. £40m for Ox is a good piece of business, I like the kid but for a guy in the last year of his contract I'll take it. If I'm honest I'd cash in Sanchez, Ozil, and anybody else that wants to leave at this point. Lets just drift down to mid table obscurity, see if that'll change things.

Caporegime
Ornstein is probably the most reliable reporter in the business when it comes to Arsenal.

Although this is massively contradictory as he was also the mouthpiece for the £150m net spend promise made on the 1st of July, we now have a negative net spend and we have no money for major signings?

I'm bored of this club, seriously, I'm just sick of it all. £40m for Ox is a good piece of business, I like the kid but for a guy in the last year of his contract I'll take it. If I'm honest I'd cash in Sanchez, Ozil, and anybody else that wants to leave at this point. Lets just drift down to mid table obscurity, see if that'll change things.

Get rid of your best players and relegation could be a possibility!

Don
OP
In other, more reliable news, Origi looks like being off to Wolfsburg on loan, costing them £6m for the season.
Jeez 40 million. Wish we could resell felliani to united, with baz's inflation calculator he'd be worth 150m in a week next tuesdays money!!
The formula only inflates transfer values, not Utd's stupidity.

Soldato
Absolute rubbish he's spouting off, makes me laugh these so called experts.

As I said above, we have plenty of money to spend...the problem is Wenger and the board not wanting to spend that money.

Yep. At some point he wanted to sign Mbappe for what over £100 million.... and we have no money?

It's just Wenger thinking it's 1998 and 'knowing' how much players are worth.

And probably our crap negotiating team.

Well... this is going to be a miserable season to be an Arsenal fan. We will finish mid table.

Soldato

Apparently Reiss Nelson is going to be taking Ox's place, there's a lot of people saying he's the real deal. Will be good to see him in action.

Soldato
Sigh, I have no idea what Wenger's plan is, is there even one? Gibbs, Jenkinson, Gabriel and Mustafi gone, 1 bought. Defense is our weakest area already. No DM purchased yet again. Sanchez looks to be gone. Ox I don't mind leaving as he's not good enough to start for the top 6 or so teams but considering everyone else that left we're scratching the barrel to fill our squad now. I don't think we'll buy anyone else either. Worrying times ahead.

Caporegime

Well with the way things are going, I wouldn't be surprised if we end up mid table this season.

I don't see any of the players we have right now that can somehow put some fire back in us.

Sanchez seems to be a disruptive force in the team, he doesn't want to be here so let him go ffs. Ozil is another one that I am not bothered about losing, he doesn't seem to give his all but gives a lame apology to the fans. Yeh keep playing like crap but apologise and all will be ok lol.

Back
Top Bottom