Summer Transfer Window 2017/18 - Rumours & Signings

It makes sense, selling is bad enough but selling without a replacement is insane.

Mustafi was never going to leave, not sure who started that rumour.

Short of getting five players in over the next few hours I think the transfer window will be just as impressive as Arsenals last display.

Do people not notice we had Sanchez last year, and dropped out of the top four, were embarrassed in the CL, sanchez staying isn't the difference between getting into the CL or not. He WILL leave next season for free unless we sell him now, 50mil for a guy with one year on his contract is crazy money regardless of anything else. Turning down 50mil for a player who would 100% leave next year anyway and who isn't the difference anyway is nothing less than absolutely abysmal business.

Arsenal should have realised Sanchez was leaving all window and have a replacement bought already but as usual Wenger is a complete and utter idiot who doesn't plan for the future properly despite being the only manager around to have the luxury to do so. The only chance of keeping Sanchez was Wenger leaving and Arsenal getting in a manager the best players could believe in and the worst players would be sold by.

Also while the money situation isn't exactly what was represented in that video above, Arsenal already committed a lot of money to transfers this window, Lacazette wasn't cheap and he's on a higher wage, Kol is on a HUGE wage due to no transfer fee. The issue here is that the club has a top end wage bill it needs to keep in check so they aren't losing money every year regardless of how much is in the cash account. Arsenal have a huge squad and have done for years. While Chelsea are freaking out over having a tiny squad, Arsenal have a huge squad with huge depth the problem being the quality of the first team, the bench and the back up/rotation players with almost everyone being paid above what they deserve.

Chelsea have Morata and Bats while selling Costa, Arsenal have Welbeck, Giroud, Lacazette, Perez and you could include both Sanchez and Walcott in that list. Arguably Sanchez and Walcott are only wide players, but they are far more forwards than Chelsea's wide players, Arsenal have Iwobi, Ozil and others who usually play out wide, hell somehow Campbell is still an Arsenal player, and Debuchy, Elneny, etc. I can't even understand how Welbeck is at Arsenal, he was nothing less than a ridiculous buy, unwanted by Utd because he's no where near good enough we gave him a bigger wage and spent 16mil which only takes 100k a week from our wage budget and 16mil from our transfer budget for a guy who never showed one sign he was good enough. Now he's another squad padding member that the top clubs wouldn't waste the space with.

Midfield is crazy, Chelsea have Kante, Baka, Fabregas for central midfield Arsenal have Xhaka, Coquelin, Elneny, Caz, Ramsey, Wilshere and Ox and depending on where Ozil plays, AMC or wide. We've had a huge bloated squad because that is Wenger's choice, he's spent the past decade not spending on transfers, not selling players who aren't good enough and keeping a hell of a lot of overpaid players on the books. We have a way bigger squad than Chelsea's and wider and deeper without the actual quality is why we dropped out of the top 4 and why we can't afford new players on big wages. We have cash in the bank, but that isn't what matters, Arsenal want to show a profit on the books every year, which is sensible. Which means we could spend 150mil on a player, but to keep profits coming in we would need to free up say 250k a week or wages to make space for such a players wages, which in our case means selling maybe 4 players. It's 100% Wenger's choice to maintain a huge squad and to have kept giving out wages to players who aren't good enough and to bring in worthless buys like Welbeck, Elneny, Perez, Debuchy.

It makes sense, selling is bad enough but selling without a replacement is insane.

Mustafi was never going to leave, not sure who started that rumour.

Short of getting five players in over the next few hours I think the transfer window will be just as impressive as Arsenals last display.

Mustafi was meant to of gone to inter on loan

Funny if little old Spurs nick Llorente off Chelsea just after Liverpool stuck it to them.... worth buying him for the comedy alone :D

Not sure how that works out though to be honest.
Chelsea - Come here we'll pay whatever you want... how does £200k a week sound?
Llorente - Nah I'd rather go and play for Spurs on £50k :)

Can't quote you DM as your wall of text is too long. Ever thought of being a little more concise?

Sounds like we are trying to remove the excess fat. Ox is gone, not sure if you missed that. Perez and debuchy are being shoved in front of clubs.

I am only guessing the reason why they haven't sold Sanchez is that they want a foreign buyer they still have optimistic hopes of getting into the CL again. Despite what you say I think having someone like Sanchez could easily be the difference between being in or out of CL.

Losing out on £50m this year will be nothing come next year when the prices rise again. I think I would prefer he left if he is going to bring the spirit down though.

Because hes prolly had a bust up with wenger
Based upon what? Just appears like someone has tried to grab him and it got rejected. Nothing more.

Everyone seems to want Wenger to be on meltdown with his players at the moment and making stories out of nothing. He should be on meltdown then we might get a better display.

Yes it makes no sense, he hasn't played yet though so who knows. Was talk of loan then option to buy as well I think.

Selling Ox leaves us with 1 RWB, we sold Gibbs so only have 2 LWB. We play at least one of our LWB's at CB meaning we have no cover on either side now. CB's we play Monreal, Mustafi and Kos as our first choice presumably? Leaves us Holding, Chambers (lol) and Elneny (even more lol) as cover for 3 vital positions. Why not purge some of our pointless midfield / attacking players? Such odd decisions. I think it is probably best if Sanchez leaves, although I have no problem with him expecting more from his team mates it appears to be having quite a detrimental effect now we're playing so bad. I don't think we'll buy anyone today.

Yes it makes no sense, he hasn't played yet though so who knows. Was talk of loan then option to buy as well I think.

Selling Ox leaves us with 1 RWB, we sold Gibbs so only have 2 LWB. We play at least one of our LWB's at CB meaning we have no cover on either side now. CB's we play Monreal, Mustafi and Kos as our first choice presumably? Leaves us Holding, Chambers (lol) and Elneny (even more lol) as cover for 3 vital positions. Why not purge some of our pointless midfield / attacking players? Such odd decisions. I think it is probably best if Sanchez leaves, although I have no problem with him expecting more from his team mates it appears to be having quite a detrimental effect now we're playing so bad. I don't think we'll buy anyone today.

A top central defender and a winger is what we desperately need.

But its not looking good.

Back
Top Bottom