Summer Transfer Window 2017/18 - Rumours & Signings

Hope so, that would rule out any possibility of them coming in for Coutinho then.

@Loki I'd be very surprised if Mourinho suddenly switched to 3 at the back - I certainly can't remember him every playing it before.

What it does though is give us an option of a back 3 when Rojo returns.

Bailly -- Lidelof -- Rojo.

He played in a back 3 with ease for Sweeden on Friday night. Good bit of business, no panic buying for CB, now onto the next position.

Would you trust Rojo long term? I wanted him sold before his long term injury

He was lucky to get away with at least two straight reds last season, and he is still prone to big mistakes

Back three is definitely the way to go imo just not sure its Rojo that should be the 3rd man

Hopefully Fabinho is next.

Would really like Fabinho, but I keep on seeing Matic's name being mentioned which is very concerning

Herrera was always good, he just wasn't valued by the two idiots before Jose. I don't think he's improved that much, just been picked consistently. Most improved for me is Valencia and Rojo.

Frank, most of the world disagrees with you

Would you trust Rojo long term? I wanted him sold before his long term injury

He was lucky to get away with at least two straight reds last season, and he is still prone to big mistakes

Back three is definitely the way to go imo just not sure its Rojo that should be the 3rd man

I trust Rojo more than I do Smalling and or Jones. I know it seems the fashionable thing to have the downer on Smalling but I genuinely believe he played above his station under LVG. Jones is just too injury prone to be a consistent defender for us

Herrera was always good, he just wasn't valued by the two idiots before Jose. I don't think he's improved that much, just been picked consistently. Most improved for me is Valencia and Rojo.

Frank, most of the world disagrees with you

I would agree with Valencia - and just because Rojo has improved a lot actually doesn't say anything about how good he was to start with / how much he had to improve to catch up with the team in the first place

FYI - even Jose didn't believe in Herrera at the start of the season, otherwise he would have picked him more in the first few months- it was only after about Oct he started regularly.

So that makes you automatically right - yes? less said about that the better.

I trust Rojo more than I do Smalling and or Jones. I know it seems the fashionable thing to have the downer on Smalling but I genuinely believe he played above his station under LVG. Jones is just too injury prone to be a consistent defender for us

I agree totally about Smalling and Jones - but just because they deserve to go doesn't mean Rojo doesn't as well. He isn't anywhere near Utd quality, and after this long its unlikely he ever will be

Anyone think bringing Lukaku back is a mistake, I agree with getting rid of Costa now but he is a great footballer whereas Lukaku is a bit hit and miss and for that money I'd rather gamble on Belotti or Morata.

Rumours suggest Verratti is close to joining as is Bonucci if we can agree a Matic + cash deal with Juventus, both would be huge signings.

I remember when Lukaku absolutely destroyed United a few seasons ago, brings shudders to remember it, but hes very hot and cold and is extremely lazy on the pitch, no way is he worth 100mil

Veratti would be an amazing signing for any top team but he must cost £80m plus easily. He is a fantastic player, definitely one of the top midfielders in the world right now.

reports saying Chelsea have (re) started their chase for Morata with a 75m euro offer, would be cheaper than Lukaku but not out of the realms of possibility that Conte wants both
(obviously might be harder to convince the 2nd one to sign but not too difficult

Arsenal should be in for James Rodiguez or Morata.

Do Arsenal really want two flair players (inc Ozil) who have been accused of not working for the team in the past?

Will Arsene actually pay £60m+ for any player, I know he was meant to have bid more for Mbappe but as that wasnt likely to come off there was no danger in him being found out either :)

Do Arsenal really want two flair players (inc Ozil) who have been accused of not working for the team in the past?

Will Arsene actually pay £60m+ for any player, I know he was meant to have bid more for Mbappe but as that wasnt likely to come off there was no danger in him being found out either :)
I just think if Arsenal does not sign a big name this summer people will start the season on a big downer again and if we lose a game or two the entitled/glory hunting fans will be out calling for wengers head again at the start of our campaign instead waiting until the end. I can see them next wanting to pay space x or someone to paint "wenger out" on the side of their rocket or something...

Back
Top Bottom