Summer Transfer Window 2017/18 - Rumours & Signings

There could potentially be quite a bit of activity at Utd this summer. With question marks over De Gea's future there's possibly 6 first team spots that might need to be addressed this summer - keeper, left back, centre back (?), DM, winger and centre forward. And that still leaves Valencia as your first choice RB :p

edit: I'll be stunned if Utd don't try to sign Willian this summer btw.

I wouldnt be too surprised if Mou actually went for 2 CB's , apart from Bailly he isnt really happy with any of the others (and while he is my least favourite, Rojo is probably out until Christmas -ish?) - if yesterday's headlines are to be believed - yeah ok thats unlikely - Marquinos might actually be available,, even if its for a huge £60m , and then get Michael Keane as well....or even Pepe on a free, really dont want the latter but its a rumour that keeps on coming up.

Valencia is good for pace and a reasonable / average defender , he just cant cross for toffee which makes the pace a bit redundant hahaha. Saying that , there are bigger issues with the 1st XI - especially if we are going to get at least one CB and one LB, we can just about cope with Valencia, it was also interesting seeing Bailly play at RB vs Spurs, and he did pretty well I thought so that might be in the back of Mourinho's mind as well........

From a defender's point of view it would be interesting to see if JM wants to go three at the back with two more attack minded wing backs (only suggesting this as this would probably increase the liklihood of getting 2 cb's) - will we see more of the top teams going 3 at the back do you reckon after Chelsea & City used it in a major way this season - to vastly differing results admittedly.

I would bite Conte's hand off for Willian, Im just not convinced from what Ive seen it will happen.

Pretty resigned to De Gea leaving, just not sure who Utd will get to replace him

BBC are convinced Carrick will re-sign for another year. Im not entirely sure about this, his legs have completely gone. It would be good to keep his experience in the squad, but Im just not sure he is that useful any more on the pitch (unless its just to sure up the defence for hte last few minutes of games).

Much will depend on what clauses, if any, are in his contract. I've said it at the time De Gea nearly joined Real the other season, I'd be surprised if Real were willing to pay a massive fee on a keeper.

what sort of fee we thinking for DDG, 40ish?

Given that he has two years more on his contract and a year's option it would be stupid to let him go for less than £60m

(considering the market now)

Lots of rumours that JM is considering Edison from Sporting although deal is complicated as sporting only own 50% of the player

JM is also after Matic again - would be a difficult and expensive deal to pull off and not entirely sure it would be worth it

Last edited:
Mourinho has done some good and some bad, but ultimately it's clear he doesn't like most of the players so new ones will be needed, I'd say at least 6 in various positions.

You think we will actually get 6 incoming 1st team /squad deals across the line in the summer?

Given the fact that means (at a guess) at least 4 outgoing at least , so 10+ deals in total I think that's going to be a tall order (unless we virtually give away a number of players, and don't bargain or hand over a lot of wages as well I cant see that amount being completed.

Not disputing we need that amount of new players though

5 + gk is possibly doable (given the ? over DDG), 6 outfield + DDG might be pushing it a little

edit - I also suppose it depends heavily on Wednesday's result also - if we only have Europa to bargain with it will make that number of deals for the quality of player we need very difficult indeed imo without taking a few big gambles on young / untested players

You think we will actually get 6 incoming 1st team /squad deals across the line in the summer?

Given the fact that means (at a guess) at least 4 outgoing at least , so 10+ deals in total I think that's going to be a tall order (unless we virtually give away a number of players, and don't bargain or hand over a lot of wages as well I cant see that amount being completed.

Not disputing we need that amount of new players though

5 + gk is possibly doable (given the ? over DDG), 6 outfield + DDG might be pushing it a little

edit - I also suppose it depends heavily on Wednesday's result also - if we only have Europa to bargain with it will make that number of deals for the quality of player we need very difficult indeed imo without taking a few big gambles on young / untested players

I don't think we have much choice. We have players who will be leaving as well as the fact Mourinho doesn't rate most of the squad.

Going to be a very interesting summer.

Antoine Griezmann has marked his chances of joining Manchester United this summer as six out of 10 and says his future will be decided in the next two weeks.

United are interested in signing the Atletico Madrid forward, according to Griezmann's adviser, but the 26-year-old had so far not made his intentions about a move away from the Vicente Calderon clear.

Atletico manager Diego Simeone has admitted Griezmann could leave the club, and the France international has now himself admitted a transfer to Manchester United is "possible".

Asked what the chances of him joining United are on a scale of one to ten, Griezmann told French television programme Quotidien: "Six."

Pressed on the matter further, the TV show host asked Griezmann - who has 26 goals across all competitions for Atletico this season - to confirm he understood what he was saying, to which Griezmann replied "yes".

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...n-says-manchester-united-transfer-is-possible

Bet it won't be resolved within 2 weeks. :p

Fingers crossed though. I feel so much of this (and other transfers) rests on the game on Wednesday.

Arsenal in talks to sign 19 yr old forward Henry Onyekuru.

Supposedly the next big thing but tbh I've never heard of this guy.

Typical Wenger buy though, young and unknown. Probably be shipped out on loan and probably won't see him in the senior squad for quite some time.

Arsenal in talks to sign 19 yr old forward Henry Onyekuru.

Supposedly the next big thing but tbh I've never heard of this guy.

Typical Wenger buy though, young and unknown. Probably be shipped out on loan and probably won't see him in the senior squad for quite some time.

Well the big buys haven't worked out of late so may as well look at the kids again.

Back
Top Bottom