Summer Transfer Window 2017/18 - Rumours & Signings

Soldato
Well record breakers are pretty rare. There's only been three since Ferdinand and If De Bruyne is worth it then Pogba definitely is. Bit of a meaningless statement though.

This is the de Bruyne who has created more goals than anyone else this season? I'd take him any day of the week over Pogba.

Caporegime
I'm starting to worry we will end up with Rooney in a money and swap deal with Barkley. I'm no fan of Barkley but taking Rooney would show a complete lack of ambition for reasons that can only be nostalgia. He's not good enough for Everton.

Don
OP
In today's market a top quality center back at the age of 23 for 30 million is very cheap. That's ten years worth of potential service. Almost half the price of stones.

Today's market isn't based on 1 player. He wasn't that expensive but £30m for a relatively unproven player wasn't cheap. For every Stones there's a VVD, who cost considerably less and is a lot better.

Don
OP
I've got more prospects of being our LB next season than Moreno. It's clear he has no future whatsoever with us, I just hope he doesn't do an Enrique and sit out the rest of his contract. But no to Clichy from me too. The decision to switch Milner to LB (and TAA to RB (he's naturally a CM)) is quite telling as to what Klopp wants from his fullbacks. Not too dissimilar to Guardiola, he wants his fullbacks to double up as extra midfielders and Clichy doesn't fit the bill.

We're strongly linked with Sessegnon from Fulham who, so I read at least, is supposed to be a very rounded footballer. I can see us getting somebody like him and persisting with Milner, and as above, I suspect Moreno will be knocking about if worst comes to worst.

Caporegime
This will put down a great marker providing we get him. One of the few world class players available. Release clause is £83m I think, suspect we'll just pay that (or Atletico will agree to sell for that so we don't have to start faffing about with lawyers).

Should be a good transfer window coming up...

Yep, it will be great to have a real world class and proven goal scorer (I know Ibra is, but he is getting on a bit, and might leave :p).

Soldato
Is Silva really that good? I mean hes a decent player but at 43mil is that really a bargain for a lad playing in a ridiculous team in a poor standard of league?

Maybe im just out of touch with transfer fees but to me its just a decent signing...certainly isnt a bargain imo.

Soldato
Is Silva really that good? I mean hes a decent player but at 43mil is that really a bargain for a lad playing in a ridiculous team in a poor standard of league?

Maybe im just out of touch with transfer fees but to me its just a decent signing...certainly isnt a bargain imo.

Of course its a risk, but given his age he could get a lot better in which case £43m could be a bargain

Obviously wont know for sure for a year or more whether he can be consistently good in a tougher league, but the fact he was so good week in week out with the pressure on Monaco to keep going at least shows something

Wouldn't be surprised to see even average players going for decent money this summer, and even now I would say Silva is (way) above average

Caporegime
My problem with Griezman is that he plays in a 3 team league and has a much lowe goal to game ratio than say...Ronaldo or Messi, suarez, or even Neymar (excluding this season just gone) ...

It's not that he's no good but is he world record transfer fee good?

Caporegime
My problem with Griezman is that he plays in a 3 team league and has a much lowe goal to game ratio than say...Ronaldo or Messi, suarez, or even Neymar (excluding this season just gone) ...

It's not that he's no good but is he world record transfer fee good?

Good point. I don't think he is £80 million + good but that just seems to be the price United have to pay for good talent :/.

Soldato
Twitter going daft again this mornibg saying we have agreed terms for Keita and will pay 50m. Despite last week therr club saying none of this happened. Be a long summer :/

Caporegime
It's hard to compare players from two of the most attacking teams in world football with one from one of the most defensive minded. I'm confident if you stuck Griezmann in a Real Madrid shirt and played him ahead of Benzema he would get hell of a lot more goals than he does for Atletico.

Soldato
The Sun reporting that Celtic and Leicester are trying to pry away Southampton's "unsettled" defender Cacares.

Funny that, given he was released a few days ago, as he was only here as cover to the end of the season.

Papers really do just make it up as they go.

Don
OP
Twitter going daft again this mornibg saying we have agreed terms for Keita and will pay 50m. Despite last week therr club saying none of this happened. Be a long summer :/
I believe what was actually being reported was that we're willing to pay £50m and meet his personal demands rather that it's been agreed.

Back
Top Bottom