Summer Transfer Window 2017/18 - Rumours & Signings

Soldato
I believe what was actually being reported was that we're willing to pay £50m and meet his personal demands rather that it's been agreed.

I just checked it briefly and least 10 tweeters said agreed, its twitter anyway so huge grain of salt plus news always gets twisted, i dont think for one second we will pay 50m for him and then 50m for Virgil.

I just dont see us as a club ever spending big in one go.

Not a transfer as such but we have apparently gone for a new Physio from Mainz, Doesn't surprise me based on last seasons injuries

Last edited:
Soldato
was reading today that Utd might be interested in Reus again - might be a bit of a risk with the amount of game time he has missed in the last 2 - 3 seasons with injury

He had a decent season 15- 16, and when he played in the other two seasons he has been good but not phenomenal imo, but maybe just a bit too much of a risk (plus Utd haven't exactly got a brilliant record of using bl players well)

Perisic also keeps on being mentioned as well, but I'm not entirely sure there is genuine interest from the club (his stats certainly don't look that remarkable for a 28 year old).

Man of Honour
Manchester United are in talks with Inter Milan about the potential signing of Croatia international winger Ivan Perisic, according to Sky sources.

It is understood the fee for the 28-year-old would be in excess of £36m and that both the player and Inter are keen on the deal.

A good player, not the greatest, but I think (no expert) like Willian he's fairly hard working and will track back, that'll be in Jose's thinking.

£36m sounds quite a bit though.

Soldato
A good player, not the greatest, but I think (no expert) like Willian he's fairly hard working and will track back, that'll be in Jose's thinking.

£36m sounds quite a bit though.
Im not convinced but Italian press tonight are suggesting Inter want 55m euros (£48m)

The reason Im concerned is that lets just say we get a striker that can get the same amount of goals as Ibra over all comps next season - already a tall order but possible
Given that we needed (at a guess) another 20 goals or something to be near Chelsea / Spurs this season - and obviously every season is different but its still a reasonable guideline, Im just not sure this is the guy to help the team to do it

Look I know its not ever as simple as that, but its a reasonable barometer surely

He didnt play brilliantly today admittedly (after the initial assist that is) , but I would bite anyone's hand off for Willian for the same money - ie ~£50m, it wont happen but would take him every day over Perisic.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's from an Italian site but no idea on validity but it's reported that Perisic is done for £40m and £100k/ wk

IF it is the case this is a real meh signing by all accounts - very underwhelming

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
We couldn't sign these so called big players even when we were in the CL so not having any CL footie this season, won't make a difference anyhow.

We got Sanchez and Cech, they were not big enough? :p

Sanchez has to be our first priority.

Agreed. Not to bothered about Ozil, would rather he stay, but not for silly moneys he is asking for.

If we can sign those two up it may help with brining in someone else. Maybe sell Giroud and get Griezman. Would be overpaying at £80+ million but it would keep the fickle fans with no loyalty happy for a few minutes :p

Soldato
He looked good at the Euros and has okay stats playing in a poor Inter side. That said I thought he was around 23/24. 40m for 28 year old winger seems odd.
Sounds like Inter are holding out for ~50m euros

City certainly seem to have the afterburners on in regards to tansfers
Silva already confirmed, looks like Mendy is not too far behind and in talks with Benfica over Edenson if reports are true

Back
Top Bottom