Summer Transfer Window 2020/21 - Rumours & Signings *please quote sources*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I doubt it's that high, the media seem to be going crazy with wage reporting lately. Sanchez wage gets about 100k higher every time it's reported, it was up to 600k or something stupid this week

Don
I doubt it's that high, the media seem to be going crazy with wage reporting lately. Sanchez wage gets about 100k higher every time it's reported, it was up to 600k or something stupid this week
He's earning north of £500k per week, you only have to look at Utd's wage bill in their quarterly accounts before and after he signed to see that. As for Sancho, it would hardly be surprising if his wage was around that sort of amount. Utd were paying Ibra more than that 4 years ago - Sancho's agent would be mad to not demand that he's in the top tier of Utd's wage structure on the back of a £100m+ transfer.

As a general point, media reports on player wages are often understated. I've lost count of the number of times I've read that Salah is our highest earner is on £200k per week. It's nonsense. We've got a wagebill of over £300m - our average first team wage (including bonuses) will be over £150k per week with several earning north of £200k per week.

Don
Well wage bill would include bonuses no? Reported wages should only be basic wage given anything else is dependant on other factors.
It will include bonuses. As for what you should report is difficult because deals will be structed differently. I know Liverpool went through a stage of structing deals with relatively low basic salaries but lots of rapidly increasing bonuses.

Football leaks (which revealed the City stuff and the Ibra deal I mentioned above) claimed that Firmino was earning just £68k per week basic but then had a very hefty goal bonus with each of his first 5 goals of the season paying him £25k, goals 6 to 10 paying £45k each, goals 11-15 £65k and then £85k for goals 16-20. With 2 games per week, I'm sure there were weeks where Firmino scored 3 goals in a week earning him anything between £75k and £245k. It would be a bit disingenuous to report that Firmino was only earning £68k per week.

Man of Honour
The club have briefed they think the Sancho deal isn't representative of the current COVID 19 financial climate, but they always do this.

Man of Honour
So they are trying to get the price down? I don't see the issue with that to be honest and I agree.

They are yes, but it doesn't normally work as Baz pointed out.

Suspect it will still get done as he's clearly the primary target, and a deal isn't too far off.

Caporegime
The club have briefed they think the Sancho deal isn't representative of the current COVID 19 financial climate, but they always do this.

Indeed, it's clearly a club briefing because all the same journalists reported it at the same time. Same thing happened a few days before Maguire and Bruno

Soldato
We have been linked with Norwich left back Lewis, we do need cover for Robertson so makes sense.

Rumoured price 10m is what we're willing to pay

Don
I'd happily take Lewis but I think £10m is a bit ambitious on our part. Unless Norwich need to raise cash then I'd be surprised if he leaves for much less than double that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom