Summer Transfer Window 2020/21 - Rumours & Signings *please quote sources*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand the complaints about his behaviour vs us. That was Luis Suarez, the same Suarez that every football supporter loves when he plays for your side and we loved him for.

The one complaint I have about this side is we're too nice. No side received less fouls than we did last season - that's mental considering how we dominated the league and would have dominated the majority of games we played. For two seasons running we've also committed the fewest fouls in the League too. I want a player that will get into a bit of a battle with defenders when needed to, will go down when he's being fouled and generally add a bit of nastiness to our side.

One thing I know for certain, if Suarez, even a Suarez past his prime, was sat on our bench and it was a close match in which we need a goal, I would feel more confident of us winning the match if it was him coming on than literally anyone else who is on our bench currently.

I dunno how anyone can be upset at his behaviour vs us in the semi final, the dude plays the same way whether its a CL final or probably a testimonial vs kids

Zero chance he comes back I'd imagine

I dunno how anyone can be upset at his behaviour vs us in the semi final, the dude plays the same way whether its a CL final or probably a testimonial vs kids
Yep, I remember when the club done a PR thing where the women's team trained with the men and Suarez wiped one of the women out.

Zero chance he comes back I'd imagine

Personally never been a fan of this not celebrating against your former team stuff so I dont have any problem with him or anyone else, celebrating a goal against us.

I dont think we'd pay his wages, which is a shame...imagine how defences against us next year would feel -

Scenario A - its the 75th minute, its 1-1, you're holding out against the usual late Liverpool onslaught and then you see Luis Suarez waiting to come on.

Scenario B - its the 75th minute, its 1-1, you're holding out against the usual late Liverpool onslaught and then you see Divick Origi waiting to come on.

I know which of those 2 scenarios would be worrying opposition defences and managers more. The fact it would be a free transfer just makes it all the more tempting because we sure as hell arent spending any large sum of money on anyone else this transfer window.

Personally never been a fan of this not celebrating against your former team stuff so I dont have any problem with him or anyone else, celebrating a goal against us.

I dont think we'd pay his wages, which is a shame...imagine how defences against us next year would feel -

Scenario A - its the 75th minute, its 1-1, you're holding out against the usual late Liverpool onslaught and then you see Luis Suarez waiting to come on.

Scenario B - its the 75th minute, its 1-1, you're holding out against the usual late Liverpool onslaught and then you see Divick Origi waiting to come on.

I know which of those 2 scenarios would be worrying opposition defences and managers more. The fact it would be a free transfer just makes it all the more tempting because we sure as hell arent spending any large sum of money on anyone else this transfer window.
If you’re Jordan Pickford, B!

Suarez is the guy that everyone had at their school, win at all costs mentality, that unfortunately includes a nasty side.

An insane player in his prime producing some of the most memorable goals ever in the prem. He would upset Liverpool's wage model I'd imagine but for a season or two, it could be worth it.

Just give him a gum shield pls this time.

...along-with some dummy's guide on racial abuse, informal finger gestures and how not to use both hands for blocking goal shots :p.

To be fair though he's long sobered up now I think, would definitely be a solid addition to any side.

Suarez is the guy that everyone had at their school, win at all costs mentality, that unfortunately includes a nasty side.

An insane player in his prime producing some of the most memorable goals ever in the prem. He would upset Liverpool's wage model I'd imagine but for a season or two, it could be worth it.

Just give him a gum shield pls this time.

This is the match I will always remember him for. Totally world class. Probably one of , if not THE, most technically gifted striker we've ever had.

Love how people keep bringing up the 2010 World Cup, if an English player did it we would be lauding them for quick thinking and being a team player, foreigner does it and they're a cheating scumbag, sums up football fans to a tee

The 2010 World Cup :D

Suarez rap sheet is terrible but he was and is a phenomenal player. I was just looking through his record and comparing it to some of the great strikers of the last 20 or so years. Had it not been for his antics he'd probably be regarded as the best centre forward since the Brazilian Ronaldo because his record ****es over pretty much every centre forward of his era.

Looks likely Leeds are going to sign Rodrigo. I recall him playing vs England in the European nations thing, he looked good, although his scoring record isn't anything to write home about. In Bielsa I trust though!

Suarez was and still is an absolute beast of a player. Absolute **** but hes not paid for his personality. Its not a popularity contest. If you do things on the pitch that require bans or punishment then so be it. The worst part about Suarez was watching all the Liverpool fans try to defend his actions and make out like he wasn't a massive ****.

Suarez is cut from the same cloth as diego costa

General ****house, rough, tough, but one hell of a striker

Last edited by a moderator:
I always remember him for this.

Absolute vile player, the biting, the 2010 world cup. Sums him up no matter the talent. He was a perfect fit for the Spanish league.

Vile person , that I would agree with, vile player..I would disagree with. I view a person and a player in different ways, its how I overlook the arrogance and actions of some greats of their sport, like Tyson, Schumacher and Mcenroe, with just how good they were at their sport. So for me, it would be absolute vile person, phenomenal player.

Suarez was and still is an absolute beast of a player. Absolute **** but hes not paid for his personality. Its not a popularity contest. If you do things on the pitch that require bans or punishment then so be it. The worst part about Suarez was watching all the Liverpool fans try to defend his actions and make out like he wasn't a massive ****.

They didn't all defend his actions, certainly a lot of disagreement around the racial abuse accusations. Bites/kicking out etc. was never defended and many including me (wrongly) wanted rid of him post Ivanovic incident :D
Also a time that highlighted the farce that isn't punishment for bad 'tackles', still strange a 'bite' (lets be fair, no blood it ain't Tyson territory) has an exponentially larger ban than career ending tackles that have little to 0 attempt for the ball or severely dangerous play.

I always remember him for this.

Absolute vile player, the biting, the 2010 world cup. Sums him up no matter the talent. He was a perfect fit for the Spanish league.

Whats your thoughts on Evra's homophobia + assault of fans out of curiosity?

They didn't all defend his actions, certainly a lot of disagreement around the racial abuse accusations. Bites/kicking out etc. was never defended and many including me (wrongly) wanted rid of him post Ivanovic incident :D
Also a time that highlighted the farce that isn't punishment for bad 'tackles', still strange a 'bite' (lets be fair, no blood it ain't Tyson territory) has an exponentially larger ban than career ending tackles that have little to 0 attempt for the ball or severely dangerous play.

Whats your thoughts on Evra's homophobia + assault of fans out of curiosity?

Not good but it was never defended and not even in the same league as what he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom