Summer Transfer Window 2020/21 - Rumours & Signings *please quote sources*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Surely if City were looking at him Woodward would swoop in and snatch him from under City's nose to prove he can (like he did with Sanchez) and likely pay him a million a day or something stupid

Associate
Leeds interested in Leon Bailey and Robin Koch. Someone has fiddled with the Bailey wiki page already. Also Valencias Rodrigo could be coming.

Don
Romano has confirmed Gabriel to Arsenal, almost like he was right that it wasn't wrapped up days ago ;)
Lol, Shami this is embarrassing. Him saying it's now completed is confirmation that it wasn't agreed days ago? What's happened with Sancho to Utd? The blagger got overconfident with that one - there was a lot of chat about negotiations so he tried his luck, reporting a deal was close but ended up looking lke an idiot again.

I assume, if there is any truth to these reports, that it has been reported by somebody else and he's just doing the same thing he does all the time. Go check the timelines of the reports breaking about Chilwell to Chelsea - minutes after another journalist broke the news, he's tweeting about it as if it's his story.

This tweet sums him up perfectly:
I'd rather trust IndyKaila than him.

edit: I'm shocked to find out that news of this transfer being tied up was reported in the Times hours before IndyRomano broke it :o

Don
Because the blagger said the deal was close and that personal terms etc were already agreed - all the briefs from Utd to the press are that a deal isn't (and wasn't) nearly close and that personal terms as well as the fee are a stumbling block.

Romano is identical to all the fake "itks" on twitter. See an actual journalist report something and then add his own slant on the story. No one journalist can have the inside scoop on every single transfer going, but he pretends he does and he's completely shameless about it too. Look through all of his "here we go" tweets and you'll find a proper journalist broke the news shortly before.

Underboss
Until I see them holding a shirt from the official Arsenal account it's all nonsense to me, many years of 'Benzema is a done deal', 'Higuaín is a done' deal etc etc have cut me deep.

Don
All along he said the fee was the issue and that the sides were still apart on that. Don't see where he has been wrong there.
Close to 3 weeks ago he reported:
Manchester United and Borussia Dortmund are close to agreeing a fee for Jadon Sancho, with the England forward having agreed personal terms on a five-year contract at Old Trafford.

In the weeks after all we've heard is Dortmund claim he's staying and Utd brief all the local Manchester journo's that Dortmund's asking price is completely unrealistic and that personal terms haven't been agreed and are a potential stumbling block too.

Fair play to Romano, he rolled the dice when all the rumours were that Utd had opened talks but he ended up with egg on his face trying to jump the gun and boost his twitter fame. At least he didn't just do his standard copy and paste "here we go" stuff.

Soldato
Certainly interesting for us, if we can sell Chilly for over £50m+ and get Tagliafico in for around £30m, I'd be very happy.

Nicolás Tagliafico has been associated with several top clubs in Europe, such as Chelsea and Paris Saint-Germain. According to the French Le10sport , les Parisiens from England do not only compete with the Londoners regarding the left back of Ajax . Leicester City is also reportedly working on the arrival of the 27-year-old Argentinian.

Chelsea has been mainly linked to Ben Chilwell in recent days, who will be with Leicester City until mid-2024. The 23-year-old left-back is valued by the Foxes at 87 million euros, making the 'cheaper' Tagliafico also still an option for Chelsea. Should Chilwell still leave King Power Stadium, the current number three of the Premier League would be targeting Tagliafico, who has indicated that he is aiming for a transfer.

According to Le10sport , Tagliafico is high on the Leicester City list, which the 25-time international expects to be able to pick up at Ajax for about 25 million euros. This amount is not a major obstacle, according to reports, as Leicester City will qualify for the Champions League with the current third place in the Premier League

https://m.voetbalzone.nl/doc.asp?uid=372800

Soldato
Chelsea wouldnt offer Willian a longer contract due to age but are favourites to sign thiago silva lol

maybe they wanna become the real chelsea pensioners

Man of Honour
With Suarez contract being terminated, I'd be more than happy if he wants to come back to us and come off the bench for next season. Better option than Origi :)

Don
I'd definitely take a season or two of Suarez. I've been reading some chat on twitter about him having a terrible season and not being up to it anymore - he got 32 goals and assists in 35 League and CL games last season. He's not as good as he was but he's still pretty damn good and would slot into our line-up. Unfortunately the reason why Barca are going to let him go is because he's on a massive contract (and they need a big rebuild) and with it being a free transfer he's going to expect whoever takes him to pay him a massive salary, which I don't think we'll do.

Caporegime
Probably the best player we've had in my lifetime but wouldn't touch him now after the way he tried to force a move to Arsenal, then Barca and then his behaviour in the semi final last year. **** Suarez.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom