Summer Transfer Window 2020/21 - Rumours & Signings *please quote sources*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don
Chelsea don't have the CB equivalents of Pulisic, Odoi, Ziyech, Werner and possibly Harvertz though. They've also only given Thiago a 1 year deal with the option of a 2nd, not a 4 year contract.

Caporegime
Lot of talk tonight about Donny Van Der Beek, he was left out of the Ajax side and several good sources have confirmed it's because he is close to a transfer. Barca, Madrid and us have all been linked

Man of Honour
Lot of talk tonight about Donny Van Der Beek, he was left out of the Ajax side and several good sources have confirmed it's because he is close to a transfer. Barca, Madrid and us have all been linked

Sounds like it might be us. Would be a good signing.

Caporegime
That doesn't even make sense, who have they sold against the player and manager's will?

If you are going to sign another MF like Donny VDB we will have far too much in that position. It's a stupid decision to even buy Donny when we have Fred. That's what I mean by the board. We need full backs and an attacking MF to rotate Bruno.

Caporegime
If you are going to sign another MF like Donny VDB we will have far too much in that position. It's a stupid decision to even buy Donny when we have Fred. That's what I mean by the board. We need full backs and an attacking MF to rotate Bruno.

They don't even play the same position. VDB mostly plays as a ten, he's likely being bought as rotation for Bruno and Pogba. Fred will be playing the deepest role with Matic.

Soldato
Have you watched Fred at all over the least year?
Pretty much every match actually. He's been better this season but If you want to challenge City or Liverpool you need better. Fred can do a job but but he isn't the sort that will drive you towards a title. Just being better than you were in your first season isn't enough. Both him and McTominay needed to step up further than they have. McSauce in fairness had a couple of injuries and he's still young so I'll give him a break. Don't know if this Dutch lad is any good but it tells you that the manager doesn't think he will win a title with Fred as DCM. I mean face it Matic who is slower than me has kept him out.
Would Fred get in any of the following teams - Liverpool, Manchester City, Chelsea, Bayern, Real Madrid, Barca, PSG?

Last edited:
Soldato
Sounds like Donny van de Beek is on the way for €45m according to every Dutch source going, deal about done.

For the first time in a long time I think we're about sorted in central midfield. A centre back and hopefully Sancho and I'd be pretty optimistic.

UK guys now too:

May that be the first of many. We need to get a jog on. Don’t want any of this ‘they need time, they didn’t have any pre-season training’ blah blah, stuff.

Excited to have him on board if it’s true too. I was disappointed when it looked as though RM had got him. Maybe Pogba will up his work rate with some competition.

Soldato
Pretty much every match actually. He's been better this season but If you want to challenge City or Liverpool you need better. Fred can do a job but but he isn't the sort that will drive you towards a title. Just being better than you were in your first season isn't enough. Both him and McTominay needed to step up further than they have. McSauce in fairness had a couple of injuries and he's still young so I'll give him a break. Don't know if this Dutch lad is any good but it tells you that the manager doesn't think he will win a title with Fred as DCM. I mean face it Matic who is slower than me has kept him out.
Would Fred get in any of the following teams - Liverpool, Manchester City, Chelsea, Bayern, Real Madrid, Barca, PSG?

Think Fred has done well. Filter out lingard and pereira and he’s the player we should have/can call upon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom