Summer Transfer Window 2020/21 - Rumours & Signings *please quote sources*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don
Think you will have the team to stay up this season?

I think we possibly could, if the new players settle quickly and we can add a few more so we have a bigger squad, then I cannot see us being much worse than a number of the teams in the PL. I think we need a bit more experience though, especially in the keeper department.

I think when we played Arsenal earlier in the season you could see our play style suited the PL more than the Championship. I really hope we can get off to a decent start although I'm not expecting much from the opening game of the season!

Soldato
He's scored 13, 17 and 10 (Season cut short) in the past three seasons and been involved in a Europa League final and Champions league Semi. Guess we will find out.

You're counting goals in the champions league qualifying rounds and some bogus cup there lol. Goal stats coming from such a poor league are irrelevant anyway in my opinion. He didn't even start in the Europa league final, he came on and didn't do a thing....not sure why that's relevant.

For me the eredivisie is a poor league apart from a couple of teams who really arent THAT good themselves they just have a good year every so often. I dont see the standard any better then a mix of the championship and league one.

Soldato
Just so the usual suspects don't moan and say I hate United. This is from a couple of years ago when De Ligt, The best ever defender, was available :

AWB I get although i think its too much but De Ligt for me just seems a ridiculously expensive transfer for a lad who hasn't really done it outside of a Championship standard league...and thats being generous.

I still stand by this. That league is poor. You can take his champions league games but players raise there game and lets have it right...they are one off type games where anything can happen. Juve won the league but they were awful. He isnt a very good centre back and cost them 70 mil!

Caporegime
Can this guy hold? If so it makes sense, if not then it's a strange signing. People will quickly say 'but but but rotate' but United have a number of positions they desperately need someone who can come straight into the team, namely centre half, left back and keeper. Where are those signings? I suppose there's still plenty of time in the window left.

Shipping Henderson out on loan again still puzzles me.

Soldato
Can this guy hold? If so it makes sense, if not then it's a strange signing. People will quickly say 'but but but rotate' but United have a number of positions they desperately need someone who can come straight into the team, namely centre half, left back and keeper. Where are those signings? I suppose there's still plenty of time in the window left.

Shipping Henderson out on loan again still puzzles me.
Henderson is supposedly staying to challenge de gea

Caporegime
You're counting goals in the champions league qualifying rounds and some bogus cup there lol. Goal stats coming from such a poor league are irrelevant anyway in my opinion. He didn't even start in the Europa league final, he came on and didn't do a thing....not sure why that's relevant.

For me the eredivisie is a poor league apart from a couple of teams who really arent THAT good themselves they just have a good year every so often. I dont see the standard any better then a mix of the championship and league one.

I agree I was just trying to reason the fee. Bruno also came from a poor league but has excelled. It is a gamble but in a league where you pay 40 million for Ake it is the going fee for average players I guess. He has champions league experience and has won titles. Ake played for Bournemouth and got relegated.

Also I understand it's a highlights reel and you can make of them what you will but he is putting goals past both Chelsea and Spurs and he's only 23.

Last edited:
Soldato
I wont go into detail of my opinion of Fernandes here but lets just say i disagree with the "excelled"comment.

Knock out one off games are all well and gokd but the league he plays or played in is crap. Is it championship standard? Probably not. Its a lot of money for a player plying his trade is a poor league.

Its the same reason i dont get the Ziyech hype fwiw.

Caporegime
I wont go into detail of my opinion of Fernandes here but lets just say i disagree with the "excelled"comment.

Knock out one off games are all well and gokd but the league he plays or played in is crap. Is it championship standard? Probably not. Its a lot of money for a player plying his trade is a poor league.

If you want to win in life it is about calculated risks :)

Just look back in history at players like Eric Cantona, Vidic, Evra etc.

Unless you are owned by oil barons.

fez

fez

Caporegime

There have been a lot of top players come out of the Dutch league and Ajax got to the CL semi-final. You don't do that without have a lot of very good players. Its always a risk but hopefully he will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom