Summer Transfer Window 2020/21 - Rumours & Signings *please quote sources*

Status
Not open for further replies.
As an aside, I'm with @BaZ87 on Fabrizio Romano, the guy is a major chancer. No mention of van de Beek until sources close to Ajax came out with it, then he suddenly says we've been in contact with him for a few weeks. I've seen similar with other transfers too.

People think he's got amazing contacts and maybe he does have a few, but most of his transfer 'news' is just reporting other people's stories.

The 'here we go' thing is major cringe too.

As an aside, I'm with @BaZ87 on Fabrizio Romano, the guy is a major chancer. No mention of van de Beek until sources close to Ajax came out with it, then he suddenly says we've been in contact with him for a few weeks. I've seen similar with other transfers too.

People think he's got amazing contacts and maybe he does have a few, but most of his transfer 'news' is just reporting other people's stories.

The 'here we go' thing is major cringe too.

I only noticed the "here we go" recently and its bloody awful.

Koulibaly not being world class is finally getting round to bluemoon. He's a good defender but he isn't 70 mil at 29 years old good.

I really can't get my head around UTD spending over 200 million on 3 numbers 10's in the past couple of seasons. Whoever is in charge needs to be booted.

Are UTD gonna try and play 3 playmakers in the middle, it makes no sense, especially with the front line they have (direct runners).

I really can't get my head around UTD spending over 200 million on 3 numbers 10's in the past couple of seasons. Whoever is in charge needs to be booted.

Are UTD gonna try and play 3 playmakers in the middle, it makes no sense, especially with the front line they have (direct runners).
I think Donny is coming as he can play in pogbas or bruno's position so will allow rotation and cover .I also think the idea is to sell players like lingard, Mata etc giving a better squad if you look at city's bench and Liverpool's it's a lot better than United's so hopefully when we're struggling we will have other options to come on

Last edited:

3? Bruno, VDB...who is the third?

It's pretty clear we need depth, especially if Lingard/Pereira are moving on and Mata is getting on.

Ah I see. Well:

1. Pogba wasn't signed in the last couple of years
2. Pogba isn't playing 10, hasn't all season and has barely played there under us at all.
3. Those 3 added doesn't come to over £200m.

Other than that you're spot on.

I'm not sure why everyone gets so weird on here when United sign depth, nobody bats an eyelid when Bernardo Silva or Mahrez don't start every game, yet if Greenwood isn't playing 90 mins every week it's all "won't someone please think of the children!"

I'm not sure why everyone gets so weird on here when United sign depth, nobody bats an eyelid when Bernardo Silva or Mahrez don't start every game, yet if Greenwood isn't playing 90 mins every week it's all "won't someone please think of the children!"

Mahrez and Silva aren't English so I couldn't care less if they play every week.

Signing for depth is all well and good when you don't have glaring needs elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom