Summer Transfer Window 22/23

Soldato
Good signing that for Brentford imo, Damsgaard has always impressed me when I've seen him
Could be an inspired signing. Has had a recent chronic knee injury, so if we can get him back to full fitness he should be a real asset.

Absolute chaos to spend 30 years supporting a team mostly in Leagues One and Two, only to see us sign players who pinged it into the top corner against England in a Euros semi final for multi-million pound deals.

Honestly, this is about as surreal as it gets!

Last edited:
Soldato
Could be an inspired signing. Has had a recent chronic knee injury, so if we can get him back to full fitness he should be a real asset.

Absolute chaos to spend 30 years supporting a team mostly in Leagues One and Two, only to see us sign players who pinged it into the top corner against England in a Euros semi final for multi-million pound deals.

Honestly, this is about as surreal as it gets!

I was surprised no one went for him after the euros. I thought he was exceptional for Denmark. Really good player, solid on work rate and skill. Great signing.

Soldato
I was surprised no one went for him after the euros. I thought he was exceptional for Denmark. Really good player, solid on work rate and skill. Great signing.
It seems as if Sampdoria put a big price tag over his head, but then he got injured and barely played last season. I think we took advantage a bit as they're not in the best financial position apparently.

We do tend to look for bargains in the injured or out of favour bin! Norgaard was one of the best DMs in the league last year, yet we only paid £3.5m for him a couple of seasons earlier after he'd been frozen out at Fiorentina.

Caporegime
It seems as if Sampdoria put a big price tag over his head, but then he got injured and barely played last season. I think we took advantage a bit as they're not in the best financial position apparently.

We do tend to look for bargains in the injured or out of favour bin! Norgaard was one of the best DMs in the league last year, yet we only paid £3.5m for him a couple of seasons earlier after he'd been frozen out at Fiorentina.

Brentford are a moneyball team.

Man of Honour
PSG want Rashford. 1 year left on his deal (with option to extend for another year).

I’m not sure he can recover from this slump, so I would be fine with him going…

Soldato
Garner may get his chance, ETH gave something like 24 debuts to youngsters at Ajax.

I know it's a different situation, but maybe he's just waiting for Mctom to show him he's defo not the answer. The game against Brighton really showed he isn't.

Championship is a different level but on more than one occasion Garner was amongst the best players on the park, especially when Forest demolished prem opposition in the cup last year.

As a Forest fan, he looks a bit good from what he did for us. He just needs to be tested.

He played alongside Johnson for example, he has killed the League 1, Championship and International step up each time in successive seasons. Some players just seem to be able to play to the level around them. If Garner is one of them, I'd be wary of a Henderson situation!

Soldato
PSG want Rashford. 1 year left on his deal (with option to extend for another year).

I’m not sure he can recover from this slump, so I would be fine with him going…
I’d be very happy to see him go, I’m sure he’ll still be here come the end of the transfer window though.

Don
It's comedy that people think Rashford was even involved in most of the political stuff, yes he said a few words here and there but he will be paying a media company to write the tweets, the letters, all the PR crap, he is being directed by people.

Soldato
It's comedy that people think Rashford was even involved in most of the political stuff, yes he said a few words here and there but he will be paying a media company to write the tweets, the letters, all the PR crap, he is being directed by people.

It's a load of nonsense isnt it. Phillips of Leeds regularly did work in the local area, loads of footballers do that kind of stuff, it didnt effect their work on the pitch.

Back
Top Bottom