Summer Transfer Window 22/23

Soldato
I dont rate Rashford and never have but i dont get this. You're slim up top as it is, why would you be happy with him leaving? A replacement isnt guaranteed.
Because he doesn’t add anything and I’d rather see Garnacho given a chance. I suppose I could temper my immediate response and say I’d prefer him to leave or be solely a squad player.

Soldato
How long's Rashford got left? If PSG are offering $$$ I wouldn't mind. With his current form you'd be better off playing one of the youngsters. Even a spell away on loan might reinvigorate him like Lingard.

I'm a fan of Rashford's but he's well off form and doesn't look like he's enjoying his football at united, would do him good.

Soldato
Yes, get rid of Rashford, get rid of as many players as possible the club needs wholesale changes. If it means dropping out of top10 then so be it.

Soldato
It's a load of nonsense isnt it. Phillips of Leeds regularly did work in the local area, loads of footballers do that kind of stuff, it didnt effect their work on the pitch.
i think a lot of my fellow UTD supporters wanted to believe rashfords apparent decline was due to his extra-curricular activities as that was much more palatable to the alternative which is that he's just not as good as once thought. he always had a danny wellbeck feel about him for me (albeit with a touch more skill) looked good on occasion but ultimately was quite 1 dimensional/limited.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Yes, get rid of Rashford, get rid of as many players as possible the club needs wholesale changes. If it means dropping out of top10 then so be it.

The problem is that unless you can replace them with better then there is little point. Especially with the likes of Rashford who is on big wages but we didn't pay anything for him. An upgrade would cost similar wages along with a whacking fee. Its not really a strategy to knock it all down and build up again unless you are forced.

i think a lot of my fellow UTD supporters wanted to believe rashfords apparent decline was due to his extra-curricular activities as that was much more palatable to the alternative which is that he's just not as good as once thought. he always had a danny wellbeck feel about him for me (albeit with a touch more skill) looked good on occasion but ultimately was quite 1 dimensional/limited.

I've heard all sorts of excuses. Many seemed to be saying it was the injury he was carrying, then it was depression and focussing on things outside of football too much. I think the simple truth is that his game was based hugely on pace and instinct and hes going through a rough patch. His fundamentals are very poor for a premier league player so when he isn't on form he looks like a clown. He just has no other tools to get past people other than trying to knock it through them. Unsurprisingly, solid objects object to balls being hit through them!

Soldato
What is it with United and marquee signings turning into a long drawn out circus, certainly post Fergie there’s been plenty of years where they seem to have been trying to sign a player for months (or in Sanchos case years!) and then at the 11th hour it happens or doesn’t and they get left scanning the bargain bin for panic buys. De Jong being this seasons example.

Liverpool/City buy a player you hear about it like a month or so before hand tops and the deal is done. United you hear about it 6 months beforehand and they’re still flapping about trying to get it over the line on deadline day!

Soldato
Is it the board failing or is it the insistence of ten hag chasing a player that doesn't want to move to you? Surely you would have been better off sacking off the pursuit of fdj and having a plan b for midfield - rabiot seems more like a last resort than someone you identified when the manager joined

Caporegime
What is it with United and marquee signings turning into a long drawn out circus, certainly post Fergie there’s been plenty of years where they seem to have been trying to sign a player for months (or in Sanchos case years!) and then at the 11th hour it happens or doesn’t and they get left scanning the bargain bin for panic buys. De Jong being this seasons example.

Liverpool/City buy a player you hear about it like a month or so before hand tops and the deal is done. United you hear about it 6 months beforehand and they’re still flapping about trying to get it over the line on deadline day!

What about City chasing Cucurella the whole summer before he went to Chelsea? Not to mention the will they/won't they of Kane last summer.

Caporegime
What about City chasing Cucurella the whole summer before he went to Chelsea? Not to mention the will they/won't they of Kane last summer.

Everyone loves to twist the media on the United band wagon. Klopp finished 8th in his first season and it took him until his second summer transfer window to start to get the real players he wanted. ETH has been in the job a little over a month. I would be quite happy to finish 8th this season but have a clear direction going forward for the next one.

Back
Top Bottom