Summer Transfer Window 22/23

Soldato
Pope's really underrated. Excellent signing for 10 mill.

Massive improvement behind big Dan Burn. Hopefully a few more on the way this week and things are starting to look really good. Still need a long term plan for right back, someone who can learn from Trippier and to seriously address the striker position. That coupled with another strong CM next to Bruno and the starting 11 is looking very strong.
I believe Liile are playing silly beggers with Botman transfer fee and Ekitike agent is holding up that deal.

Still quite a lot of outfield players we need off our wage bill.

Soldato
Liverpool really are the modern model club... Players are supported, appreciated and allowed to move on at the right times for both parties with sincere thanks having played a part in the teams success. Importantly, players come and go adding value to both the club and themselves.

The above is an incredibly important factor in why they're are high performing team.

Then I look at Man Utd and shudder... :cry:

Caporegime
Liverpool really are the modern model club... Players are supported, appreciated and allowed to move on at the right times for both parties with sincere thanks having played a part in the teams success. Importantly, players come and go adding value to both the club and themselves.

The above is an incredibly important factor in why they're are high performing team.

Then I look at Man Utd and shudder... :cry:

It is only a success if their 85 million player from Portugal is a success. Otherwise it will not be.

Soldato
Pope underated? He’s been talked up for years, it will be interesting to see how he performs under the limelight. Also how his distribution is, been pretty easy at Burnley just pumping it long for the past few years.

Yeah, I've never really seen anyone talking him up tbf. Not compared to the likes of Ramsdale. Distribution yeah, will be interesting if he can adapt. Big upgrade on Dubravka though.

Caporegime
Gotta be more of a success then the player let go on a free bought back for 90 mill and then let go on a free again haha

What's Man Utd's poor transfer business got anything to do with whether Nunez will be a success or not? I was merely pointing out just because you pay a lot of money for someone doesn't mean it is a good buy. Chelsea, Man United and City have all been there. Mane and VVD were all proven premier League players. Excelling in a mid table Southampton team. Many people were quick to quip when Bruno came that the Portuguese league is not a good measure.

If Nunez does end up a fantastic signing it will go down a major win but if he is a flop in the English league then you have a gaping Mane hole to fill.

Soldato
Mane proven premier League players. Excelling in a mid table Southampton team.
I remember before he signed for us he was loosely linked to yourselves and you lot turned your nose up at him as he 'wasn't good enough', then we he signed for us you were laughing that we'd overpaid.
If Nunez does end up a fantastic signing it will go down a major win but if he is a flop in the English league then you have a gaping Mane hole to fill.
Darwin isn't Sadio's replacement, that's Diaz. Whose slotted in very nicely.

Don
Quite nice seeing him smiling and relaxed....he always looks too serious when he's on the pitch!
I'm not sure about that. He was an intense player but he used to have a bit of a laugh too - there's some videos of him on twitter copying players celebrations over the years which crack me up. By all accounts he's a genuinely wonderful human being tbh. I'm not one of these people that hates on footballers because they've got a lot of money and enjoy a great life but you never see anything flash with Mane. The only time you see or hear about him off the pitch it's for doing some charity work back in Senegal or because he volunteered to clean the toilets in a mosque in Liverpool or posing with someone's baby in Asda.

Caporegime
I remember before he signed for us he was loosely linked to yourselves and you lot turned your nose up at him as he 'wasn't good enough', then we he signed for us you were laughing that we'd overpaid.

Darwin isn't Sadio's replacement, that's Diaz. Whose slotted in very nicely.

6 goals in 26 appearances?

Also I thought Mane was playing more central this season?

Don
I'm not sure Diaz will ever score the goals Mane scored but not because he's an inferior player but because he's played more as a winger than a forward. He played a lot wider than Mane or Salah ever played for us and it really makes me wonder if next season we end up playing a bit more of a 4-4-2, at least when in possession. In the early part of last season we saw a bit of a tweak to how we play - without the ball it was still 4-3-3 but with the ball you ended up seeing Elliott or Henderson playing almost as a right midfielder and it wouldn't surprise me if that's what we do more of next season, allowing Salah to play more centrally behind or alongside Nunez.

That said, I still think Diaz is going to explode at some point. Even Stevie Wonder could see he's special last season, even if he wasn't getting the numbers his play warranted. When you're playing in a front 3 where the other 2 are out and out goalscorers you're not likely to get tonnes of goals.

Back
Top Bottom