Summer Transfer Window 22/23

Man of Honour
What is a satisfactory offer though?

Ronaldo could have done with saying this when the season finished to be honest. You'd probably of gone in harder on Nunez.

In terms of a transfer fee it wouldn't be much. Only a handful of clubs can even afford his wages so there's not a lot of choice.

Caporegime
Honestly I'd be fine with him going if we can get a good replacement. Problem being I can only see two clubs that could afford his wages that might be interested (Bayern and PSG) He's obviously not going to Napoli. I don't know where we're going to find a striker though, our budget this summer isn't big enough to get the players we need.

Consigliere
The Ronaldo saga is interesting, how many clubs realistically could afford his wages?

Wonder if he'll decide to take a pay cut (does he really need any more money?) for a chance to play Champions League with a different team or return to a former one.

Perhaps Neymar could go and Ronaldo to come in? I am sure someone at PSG has had this idea to have Mbappe, Messi and Ronaldo all together. New generation with the older.

Man of Honour
We have to let Ronaldo go.

For starters, he isn't going to be an ideal fit for Ten Hag's system. He will score goals but it will come at a cost to the team - I'm sure that privately Ten Hag will be happy to lose him.

If he stays, we will be paying a fortune to a player who doesn't want to be here, and the associated circus will cast a shadow over the club and make Ten Hag's job so much more difficult. He was due back at Carrington today, but hasn't turned up for 'family reasons' which seems odd. Could well be legitimate, but reports are he doesn't want to fly out on the MU Tour at the end of the week.

It's been reported today that Rangnick suggested moving him on in January, but Arnold/Murtough resisted.

What a mess.

Back
Top Bottom