Summer Transfer Window 22/23

Soldato
I don’t get it. People aren’t happy that we pushed FDJ for so long, now say that this is a panic buy. But also that we should know when to stop and move on, so, isn’t this us stopping and moving on to Casemiro? Supposedly he was next on the list if they didn’t get FDJ, so what’s the problem in that regard?

I think it’s a good signing to attempt to at least stabilise our midfield a little. My only real concern is that he’s unproven in the PL.

Don
I don’t get it. People aren’t happy that we pushed FDJ for so long, now say that this is a panic buy. But also that we should know when to stop and move on, so, isn’t this us stopping and moving on to Casemiro? Supposedly he was next on the list if they didn’t get FDJ, so what’s the problem in that regard?

I think it’s a good signing to attempt to at least stabilise our midfield a little. My only real concern is that he’s unproven in the PL.
Presumably because they're very different types of player and the money involved, relative to his age, wouldn't support the idea that he was a planned target in case you couldn't get FDJ.

Casemiro, on paper at least, will undoubtedly improve Utd's side but at 30 years old, coming from a 2/3 team, slower paced League, how realistic is it that he'll be performing at the required level in 2 or 3 years time to even be in the side, let alone at a level to justify his fee & wages? Who knows, some players can maintain a high level well into there 30's but it would hardly be a shock if at 32-33 his body is either letting him down or his performances levels drop below what's required. Committing £120m in fees and wages on a player you may only get a couple of seasons service out of doesn't strike me as the sort of deal that had a great deal of planning or thought behind. It strikes me as the sort of deal that's done by a club in a desperate panic to get somebody through the door and have decided to pay whatever it takes to get them.

Associate
Casemiro recieves the ball from Alaba/Militao and then offloads it to Kroos/Modric or trys to hit Vinicius/Benzema/Camavinga...

He's better than everything that Utd have in midfield, but I think he will struggle trying to run a midfield surrounded by muppets.

Soldato
Casemiro recieves the ball from Alaba/Militao and then offloads it to Kroos/Modric or trys to hit Vinicius/Benzema/Camavinga...

He's better than everything that Utd have in midfield, but I think he will struggle trying to run a midfield surrounded by muppets.

Was gonna say, huge difference in names mentioned there and what's he'll be surrounded by in United squad.

Not to mention the difference in pace between leagues.

Soldato
I share everyone else's concerns that he's going to a far more physical and faster league. As a United fan, I obviously hope it works out but I can just as easily see this transfer being another expensive mistake. Hopefully I'm wrong in that regard.

The transfer is being mocked because of how late in the day it is. I wonder how Barcelona are feeling about having FDJ on their books still and having to eventually pay his deferred wages.

Caporegime
I share everyone else's concerns that he's going to a far more physical and faster league. As a United fan, I obviously hope it works out but I can just as easily see this transfer being another expensive mistake. Hopefully I'm wrong in that regard.

The transfer is being mocked because of how late in the day it is. I wonder how Barcelona are feeling about having FDJ on their books still and having to eventually pay his deferred wages.

They will kick the can down the road like they did this season. In a way I am glad Utd did not Barcelona bully them but then get their arse ripped out by real on price.

He was good with Fred for Brazil so at least there is that chemistry. Just the age is a concern for me.

Man of Honour
If you think that objectively Casemiro is a good financially responsible transfer then you must be crazy.

Financially responsible =/= Manchester United

We’ve thrown always hundreds of millions on complete dross. Casemiro may be a shorter term plan, but he’s a quality player.

You’re never happy though are you so what’s the point. Who would you sign in midfield?

Just rumours but the telegraph report that Utd are after Yannick Carrasco as well.

Decent player but terribly inconsistent

I think I’d prefer Gakpo…

Caporegime
OP
Financially responsible =/= Manchester United

We’ve thrown always hundreds of millions on complete dross. Casemiro may be a shorter term plan, but he’s a quality player.

You’re never happy though are you so what’s the point. Who would you sign in midfield?

I think I’d prefer Gakpo…
Gakpo still possibly an option but would need to be wrapped up quick as PSV won’t even think about it until after their second leg against Rangers. Not much time for offers and counter offers and the usual sagas.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Lots of concerns as Baz has mentioned. Age, moving to a harder league, lack of quality around him, will he be motivated. We still have to sort out this Ronaldo mess and FdJ isn't even remotely the same player. I wonder if this is a case of getting a seemingly good player for the team and also being able to tell Barca to **** off if they try and play hardball with the FdJ deal. I think that in our current state Barca are supremely confident that come deadline day they will get a call from United saying "name your terms". With Casemiro we might have some amount of "we want him but we don't need him.

That being said, this is United and I wouldn't be surprised if this deal for Casemiro doesn't materialise.

What I will say is that we are building quite the RM retirement home at United. Ronaldo, Casemiro, Varane. We should see if we can get Bale back from the US. Would honestly still take Modric right now.

Man of Honour
Lots of concerns as Baz has mentioned. Age, moving to a harder league, lack of quality around him, will he be motivated. We still have to sort out this Ronaldo mess and FdJ isn't even remotely the same player. I wonder if this is a case of getting a seemingly good player for the team and also being able to tell Barca to **** off if they try and play hardball with the FdJ deal. I think that in our current state Barca are supremely confident that come deadline day they will get a call from United saying "name your terms". With Casemiro we might have some amount of "we want him but we don't need him.

That being said, this is United and I wouldn't be surprised if this deal for Casemiro doesn't materialise.

What I will say is that we are building quite the RM retirement home at United. Ronaldo, Casemiro, Varane. We should see if we can get Bale back from the US. Would honestly still take Modric right now.

I think the thing to remember is that while younger players make sense, we do also need quick fixes now. ETH will be gone before the end of the year otherwise, and the club will crumble even more. I want him to at least get a fair crack at the job.

I'm much more interested in the Ratcliffe situation, if that materialises... I haven't got my hopes up.

Now if we signed FDJ too I'd be delighted. FDJ+Casemiro is a ready made midfield pairing. However, Casemiro has formed a good partnership with Fred for Brazil, so that will be the plan...

Caporegime
Belotti 3m a year wages
Dybala 6m a year wages

Sangare
Fofana
Paqueta
Kamara
Weston Mckennie

You know real are happy to let Casemiro go because they bought Camavinga for 28m and Tchouameni for 80m euro. 22 years old whole career ahead of him.

They also signed vinicuous junior AND rodrygo combined for less than we are trying to pay for Antony.

There just has to be an acceptance somewhere that we are doing things wrong.

Caporegime
Uniteds wage bill is going to be insane that's at least 3 players on 350k a week in Ronaldo Sancho and Casemiro. Big bill for a bottom of the table team.

One 37, one 30 and the other an absolute fraud.

It's actually criminal.

I thought that after clearing Mata and Matic and pogba s wages off the books we would act responsibly. But it seems the opposite is true.

For example offering Martinez a 300% wage rise and Casemiro a double up.

Caporegime
Uniteds wage bill is going to be insane that's at least 3 players on 350k a week in Ronaldo Sancho and Casemiro. Big bill for a bottom of the table team.
We freed up a lot of wages with the players that left over the summer, plus we have the cut for no CL football. If Ronaldo ends up leaving too that is another huge wage off the book.

Man of Honour
The last week of the transfer window is not the time to draw up long term transfer plans. We've made a mess of it already and now it's salvage mode.

I see Casemiro as taking Pogba's place in the squad, a far more useful player with a defined role.

People love to go on about the wage bill but that isn't our main problem. Regardless of the wages, our planning is awful.

Worth pointing out that Man City have got KDB on a huge new contract until 2025. He's 31 at the moment.

Caporegime
The last week of the transfer window is not the time to draw up long term transfer plans. We've made a mess of it already and now it's salvage mode.

I see Casemiro as taking Pogba's place in the squad, a far more useful player with a defined role.

People love to go on about the wage bill but that isn't our main problem. Regardless of the wages, our planning is awful.

Worth pointing out that Man City have got KDB on a huge new contract until 2025. He's 31 at the moment.

Kdb is proven epl match winner and has been rewarded with a 3 year contract. He scored 19 goals last season.

They havent just paid 68m for him AND offered 18m a season at 30 yo. Who btw will be 31 in 6 months.

We need players with energy who will fight for the badge. Do you think Casemiro brings those 2 qualities?

Caporegime
United had looked into the possibility of moves for Camavinga and Tchouameni, but instead of signing two of the brightest young talents in European football, they are instead trying to sign the veteran they have replaced.

Casemiro is an upgrade for United, but he isn’t the long-term solution. If they had a plan, they might have realised that.

Back
Top Bottom