Summer weather thread 2024

Let us check in with Honey to see what the weather is like...
NWA5XLL.jpeg

Nope, it is still miserable, I'll sit on the sofa with a crochet blanket my mum made (specifically for her!).

Took the dog for a walk in what was to be termed light rain within the time I was out so put my coat on. Yes it did rain but to be honest I had more sweat from wearing the coat than it rained. Just have to see if the thunderstorm hits us or not.

I think we're in for a rubbish normal British summer. Shame. It is genuinely depressing though as you feel like there's less to look forward to. All those summer events/bbqs/parties/days out etc are all just killed when it's cold and damp. Before you know it we've hit September and suddenly Autumn is upon us and next doors fence has blown over again.

I think we're in for a rubbish normal British summer. Shame. It is genuinely depressing though as you feel like there's less to look forward to. All those summer events/bbqs/parties/days out etc are all just killed when it's cold and damp. Before you know it we've hit September and suddenly Autumn is upon us and next doors fence has blown over again.
Yeah, it's really crappy. May and June are usually great as it begins to warm up and you have the longer evenings, but the cold wind and constant rain is making it very hard to do anything outside. Hopefully it warms up as we go into July and August but the days are already getting shorter. With last year's late summer being so bad it feels like we've had awful weather for nearly a year straight.

And we've got the GE to add to the gloom

Back
Top Bottom